• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your rabbit - hand-made portraits!

Hello all,

I'm an art student and I love rabbits. :love:

I thought I'd combine my two interests on RU.

Do you want your bunny's picture drawn?

The first person to message back can have their picture for free! Although I must ask for postage money (as I said, I'm only a student) :)

I'll send you a photograph of your drawing/painting before I send it, and if you don't like it you pay nothing.

Just send me a few images of your bun (reasonably high resolution/not too small)!

Thanks everyone! :D

Amy

If you're happy to do the first one for free, maybe you should hold a raffle or auction and donate the profits to PaP?:D

Thanks, I did that. I'm not sure how it would work though, if people wanted a picture of their rabbit..?

I imagine if you did an auction they'd make a thread that's open for a week and everyone posts what they'd pay for the portrait. At the end of the week the highest bidders gives their bid to PaP and you'd get the postage, then you do a picture of their rabbit and post it to them.

Obviously you don't have to do that, I just thought since you weren't fussed about the money on this first one you could use it as an opportunity to raise a bit of money for some needy bunnies.

I've donated a few portraits as raffle prizes but never done an auction myself.

I imagine if you did an auction they'd make a thread that's open for a week and everyone posts what they'd pay for the portrait. At the end of the week the highest bidders gives their bid to PaP and you'd get the postage, then you do a picture of their rabbit and post it to them.

Obviously you don't have to do that, I just thought since you weren't fussed about the money on this first one you could use it as an opportunity to raise a bit of money for some needy bunnies.

I've donated a few portraits as raffle prizes but never done an auction myself.

Oh ok, sounds good! I don't really know anything about PaP - do you have an info?

Oh ok, sounds good! I don't really know anything about PaP - do you have an info?
Basically they collect money and split it between several rescues. For instance at christmas they raised about £3k and gave over £100 to 26 different rescues :)

I spect kermit will be able to help you out with more information as I'm fairly sure she's the organiser. Otherwise if you type pledge a pound in to the search bar you should get a lot of results.

Basically they collect money and split it between several rescues. For instance at christmas they raised about £3k and gave over £100 to 26 different rescues :)

I spect kermit will be able to help you out with more information as I'm fairly sure she's the organiser. Otherwise if you type pledge a pound in to the search bar you should get a lot of results.

Oh ok, I see. It sounds good. I'm a bit worried about this whole auction thing though... Not sure how to start it. Doesn't look like anyone's really interested anyway! :(

Oh ok, I see. It sounds good. I'm a bit worried about this whole auction thing though... Not sure how to start it. Doesn't look like anyone's really interested anyway! :(

If it's not for you then don't worry about it, don't want to cause yourself any stress just by trying to do something nice! :lol:

Maybe if you post pictures of some of your art it will take someone's fancy :D

If it's not for you then don't worry about it, don't want to cause yourself any stress just by trying to do something nice! :lol:

Maybe if you post pictures of some of your art it will take someone's fancy :D

That's why I wanted someone to send me some pictures of their bunnies! But no one did.

That's why I wanted someone to send me some pictures of their bunnies! But no one did.

It'd only been 2 hours since you posted this thread when you said this! People have lots going on, I'm sure people are interested but between 5 and 7 is a busy time for most people :wave:

Back