• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Why is my Bunny having this strange mark ( pics Included)?

caringck

Young Bun
Why is my Bunny having this strange mark ( pics Included)?
Hi. I have 2 rabbits.. Living with each other from like 2 months or so. Both are males and un-neutered, though that doesn't make any link with my question.
I checked my bunny @ 3 Pm, He was alright.
I checked him at 5:30, He had these dirty and scary marks on forehead.. I have settled his fur in the pic otherwise the marks looked very dirty and it spolied my bunny's cuteness..
here is the pic-:

o0ung1.jpg

I also tried to scratch the blackish/brownish thing but it didnt get peeled off... Its like stuck to the fur... as i move the fur, it goes with it..
Please help me out.. Please.. Thanx..

It could be just dirt or the other male may have sprayed him. Is there definitely no injury there? Are you going to get them neutered? They are very likely to start fighting soon if not.

It could be poo, it could be that the other boy has humped the wrong way round and this boy has gotten a 'wet' face and has got some dusk stuck to the wet. It could be something else.

It doesn't look particulaerly worrysome though. Hopefully the other bunny will clean it off.

It will be important to get them neutered though because the risks associated with unneutered boys together are so high- yes, they can occasionally succeed unneutered but it's a risk not worth taking in this day and age, in my eyes.

that looks like he has been humped by the other bun, thw wrong way round! I would seperate and get them neuted asap! or you may have full scale fighting!

Hi.
Yes, Either I will get them neutered or just give my other bunny to someone coz hes just not fitting up with me.. I guess he lives with someone else happily.. nah.. No injury as such.. just the hair was all messed up when i first saw.. when i clicked this pic I had wiped the area with wet cloth... Is it sure that this aint any disease?

that looks like he has been humped by the other bun, thw wrong way round! I would seperate and get them neuted asap! or you may have full scale fighting!

But only this bunny ( the one in the pic) humps my other bun.. :|.. the other one is fat and lazy..

Bunnies should always be kept in pairs if possible. They will live much happier lives together. If you get them both neutered soon you will see how calm they can be around each other and see how happy they will be. There is nothing better than seeing two bunnies cuddled up to eachother and grooming eachother :love:
Neutering has many health benefits too, so I would definitly consider doing this rather than giving one way.

Hi.
Yes, Either I will get them neutered or just give my other bunny to someone coz hes just not fitting up with me.. I guess he lives with someone else happily.. nah.. No injury as such.. just the hair was all messed up when i first saw.. when i clicked this pic I had wiped the area with wet cloth... Is it sure that this aint any disease?

What do you mean he is not fitting up with you?

If they are happily bonded then you owe it to them to get them both neutered ASAP and keep them together. They should go everywhere together, so if one goes, then the other ones goes because that is what is fair for them.

Regarding the neutering thing.. I am in India.. where expert rabbit vets are hard to find.. still i will go to a vet.. ask him how will he perform the surgery.. post the whole thing here and ask u guys.. If the procedure is right.. the medicine and all.. I will get them neutered.. though i asked a very big vet hospital.. a vet hospital.. they were charging rs. 2000.. roughly $39 or $ 40.. or 20 GBP..
SO, FOR NOW.. I SHOULD BE WORRY FREE FOR THIS SAD THING ON MY BUNNY's FOREHEAD>. WILL THIS GO AWAY BY ITS OWN?

AAh, ok. Different issue then :)

I would say that if you can, it would be better to let them both have a big space but living next to each other.

I wouldn't worry about the grub on his head though. If you can get a pet comb or baby brush then that might work to get it out. It's not anything particular to worry about in itself.

Thanx buddy.. It finally releived my tension.. now i can watch south park comfortably.. ahaha.. :p ..
Thanx sky and everyone who answered. :) ..
Will keep u updated about bunoo ( his name :) )

:wave: Rabbit poo can sometimes be really sticky and hard to remove, even with a wet cloth. This may be the reason why you are finding it difficult to get off.

Back