• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the vet "he no nothin', he stupido"

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
this is the polite way i am talking about my vet following a PM to one of the mods!

took Edward and Bella to vets today for their first VHD jabs, i've never liked this particular vet and was trying to lighten the mood by asking him whether many buns are seen at the practice, he said there were a fair few these days as in the past they were considered as childrens pets but now alot more adults have them as they are (and here's the thing)
LOW MAINTENANCE!!

:shock:

what planet does he live on?

The same planet the majority of rabbit owners are on unfortunately.

A rabbit is put in a hutch at the bottom of the garden, fed once a day, water topped up, and occasionally stroked.

:(

I would say he is right they were and sadly by some still are considered low maintenance. I dont get the impression from what you wrote that he thought that?

my impression of him is that he would rather have his forearm up a cows nether regions than look after small animals.

i remember him from the day i lost my darling Barnsley when he said my options were to have "it" admitted or have "it" put down, no compassion a right ********

my impression of him is that he would rather have his forearm up a cows nether regions than look after small animals.

i remember him from the day i lost my darling Barnsley when he said my options were to have "it" admitted or have "it" put down, no compassion a right ********

If that really is his attitude (re cows and their nether regions, as opposed to small animals) sounds as if you could do with finding a rabbit-savvy vet, but I assume you've already tried and failed.

Oh dear :roll: he hasn't met Rosie then, she is the biggest diva bunny I have ever seen :lol:
Is there not another vet? He doesn't sound very rabbit 'savy' by the sounds of things

He just sounds like a large animal vet rather than a small animal vet

I wouldn't take offence to that me personally.

Rabbits are easy to care for in simple daily terms, not like a horse for example. Maybe that's what he meant. Not that low maintenance means no care... ?

Low Maintenance???? HA!!

My mum loved her buns to bits, but there's a good reason why she has resisted since Eddie went to the Bridge - too HIGH maintenance (her words)! For example...she hated going on holiday because she didn't trust the neighbours to feed them or keep the flies at bay and didn't like the thought of them not being allowed to go and free-range. And the list went on!!

But they're still my favourite pet...

Stupid vet!

My hubby has REALLY changed his opinion on bunnies since meeting my two, he actually said, and I quote " I didn't realise rabbits were such HIGH MAINTENANCE as your 2," :lol:

Back