• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Ted readmitted for stasis - U/D He's home

martlou

Warren Veteran
Our beautiful boy is back in stasis :cry::cry::cry: Last night, maybe a bit quiter than normal at bedtime, still eating though did not eat his bedtime fenugreek crunchie. Ignored his breakfast at 6.30, at vets by 7.30. Has had metacam, emeprid, vetergesic and zantac. 20ml sub cut fluids. Vet also syringe fed him some critical care but not sure what he actually swallowed as he's good at just holding it in his mouth. Have an appointment at our normal vets at 10.30. He's just sat looking a bit sad in the pen at the moment :cry::cry::cry:

Please send lots of vibes for our little Teddy Bear. It's only 3 weeks since he recovered from the last bout :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Sending loads of vibes.

Seeing as they were both sick at the same time before, you must be worried sick after reading about Fay :cry::cry::cry:

I really, really hope it's nothing serious.

Vibes for Little Ted. Think the vet is going to need to look at a possible underlying issue thats causing stasis, as its often a secondary issue.

Could possibly be stress based, as i think you're bonding them at the moment?

Our beautiful boy is back in stasis :cry::cry::cry: Last night, maybe a bit quiter than normal at bedtime, still eating though did not eat his bedtime fenugreek crunchie. Ignored his breakfast at 6.30, at vets by 7.30. Has had metacam, emeprid, vetergesic and zantac. 20ml sub cut fluids. Vet also syringe fed him some critical care but not sure what he actually swallowed as he's good at just holding it in his mouth. Have an appointment at our normal vets at 10.30. He's just sat looking a bit sad in the pen at the moment :cry::cry::cry:

Please send lots of vibes for our little Teddy Bear. It's only 3 weeks since he recovered from the last bout :cry::cry::cry:
How absolutely heartbreaking for you! Come on little Ted we all love you aand need you to get better! Lots of bunny cuddles for him and you xxxx

Sending loads of vibes.

Seeing as they were both sick at the same time before, you must be worried sick after reading about Fay :cry::cry::cry:

I really, really hope it's nothing serious.

Yes this is exactly what I was thinking :-( Poor little Fay :cry::cry::cry: and thank you.

Vibes for Little Ted. Think the vet is going to need to look at a possible underlying issue thats causing stasis, as its often a secondary issue.

Could possibly be stress based, as i think you're bonding them at the moment?

Jane mentioned this on someone else's thread, it was the first time I'd heard that it was usually a secondary issue. We are bonding them at the moment and as usual Rosie tried to nip him a few times last night. Apart from stamping at her he's never seemed bothered by this and has just carried on eating the hay. This started actually in the bonding session last night I think, he flopped and got up again a few times in quite quick succession but I didn't really think any thing of it at the time as he wasn't shuffling like he did before (and he still isn't though has had the pain relief now) and he was still eating but coupled with the fact he's not eating this morning I'm now feeling guilty that I didn't realise sooner and we didn't take him in last night :cry::cry::cry:

Yes this is exactly what I was thinking :-( Poor little Fay :cry::cry::cry: and thank you.

Jane mentioned this on someone else's thread, it was the first time I'd heard that it was usually a secondary issue. We are bonding them at the moment and as usual Rosie tried to nip him a few times last night. Apart from stamping at her he's never seemed bothered by this and has just carried on eating the hay. This started actually in the bonding session last night I think, he flopped and got up again a few times in quite quick succession but I didn't really think any thing of it at the time as he wasn't shuffling like he did before (and he still isn't though has had the pain relief now) and he was still eating but coupled with the fact he's not eating this morning I'm now feeling guilty that I didn't realise sooner and we didn't take him in last night :cry::cry::cry:

You've noticed now, thats the important thing, don't beat yourself up, that's not going to help Ted. :)

To be honest, i think i'd put off all bonding for now until you can get him completely healthy for a couple of months and keep them perhaps living next to each other in seperate accomodation if thats possible?

Primarily though i think you need to get to the bottom of why he keeps going into Stasis. We had this with Ginger a few months back, where every week or so she went into and out of stasis, fortunately that has now stopped and the underlying issues were her kidneys and other related pain.

Sending buckets of vibes for Ted! (Is Little Ted his name, or is it Ted with Little tagged on?)

You've noticed now, thats the important thing, don't beat yourself up, that's not going to help Ted. :)

To be honest, i think i'd put off all bonding for now until you can get him completely healthy for a couple of months and keep them perhaps living next to each other in seperate accomodation if thats possible?

Primarily though i think you need to get to the bottom of why he keeps going into Stasis. We had this with Ginger a few months back, where every week or so she went into and out of stasis, fortunately that has now stopped and the underlying issues were her kidneys and other related pain.

Sending buckets of vibes for Ted! (Is Little Ted his name, or is it Ted with Little tagged on?)

Thanks, yes we decided this morning that all bonding activity would likely need to go on hold. I think we may well have to invest in another pen and then at least they can be next to each other which isn't possible when we're not here at the moment. it will be logistically quite challenging though so I will have to talk to Martyn about it.

I will be speaking to the vet about underlying causes when we go at 10.30. Before the last bout he'd had it a couple of times, but not close together and so I had been wondering if there was something else or if it was the stress of bonding.

His proper name is actually Theodore (this is what he was named at BARC and it's on his insurance papers), but we've never called him that, his name to us is Little Ted. We also call him Ted, Teddy or Teddy Bear :)

Back from vet now, Teddy has been readmitted :cry::cry::cry: Vet wants him to go back on the drip for fluids and metaclop as he said it works much better as an infusion. I took some of his hay etc with us just in case he'd be staying and he actually ate a strand whilst I was still there which is the first thing today that he's eaten of his own desire, so that's good I suppose. He is now doing bloods to check for underlying issues which go to an external lab so this will be a couple of days. He's also said they'll put him on panacur for a month. Will have to go to work now and can't get on here from there but I'll update later when I've phoned to see what's happening or I've seen him.

Continued vibes for our little lad please x

Sending trillions of healing vibes for Little Ted - come on little fella, you can get your tummy up and running again. xxx

Back