• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP please what variety/sort do you think this bunny is (Pic added)

sazzy

Warren Veteran
He is supposedly a frenchie butterfly lop

lop.jpg

Last edited:
Butterfly is a colour-type, isn't it? I've come across conflicting definitons, eg. white with broken blue patches and white with a coloured nose. This fellow does have darker colouring at the nose.

Ah yes, Harry looks more typically a butterfly. The fur of the other bunny looks a different texture, and to me it is more a lightish brown than grey.

He's not a butterfly. How much does he weigh?

He looks like he could be a siamese smoke pearl or a light sable if they exist in frenchies.

I don't no i'm having a debate with the person selling him she said he is a frenchie butterfly lop i asked where his butterfly markings are she said he has markings but unless i'm going blind i see no markings he just looks to slightly different colours to me

Ask to see photos of his parents- if neither are a butterfly then neither is he ;) But I totally agree that he isn't a butterfly, he is a something else.

Apparently he is she has his birth certificate the other she is selling looks more like a butterfly

lop1.jpg

I reckon she's a byb or something as she is selling these 2 bunnies guineapigs and a american bull dog puppy

not been horrible but he doesnt look in best of conditions. he does look frenchie to me and poss smoke pearl. not at all a b/fly, hes a shaded. hard to tell his colour just by his head
but defo not a b/fly tho x

Yes me and my mum said the same that they don't look in the best condition and also don't look very happy either

they dont look happy at all :( poor babies. if they was in leeds i would of taken one on. i love frenchies there amazing bless them xx

This is a butterfly, they should have a butterfly pattern on their nose, and then you get broken butterflies where there is more white breaking into the markings. In The first pic he looks really washed out in colour & the second butterfly has too much white in it, but that is only if you are putting them on a show table. They look a bit tatty. How old are they?

this are my butterflies..
Frenchie
IMG_5443-1.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

German rescue (not as well marked)
IMG_5423.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

It looks like a frenchie, do you know what it weighs?

this is the nearest colour i can think of, its called fawn, but the bunny in your pic looks very pale, but you can just about see a butterfly marking around its nose.

magnum.jpg

Fawn butterfly french lop

could be iron grey or a sealpoint but a very light sealpoint
as his face looks more shaded to his body

He looks to have light brown markings on his body to me, he could be just a non standard colour. if he was a smoke I don't think he would have the markings on his body, although the markings on his head look more like a smoke or point, but the ones on his body look like broken butterfly (more than 80% white). I don't think it really matters?

This is a beige butterfly http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pets4homes/home.nsf/Rabbits-for-Sale/2C01C828A8613DA1802579A70068D364

This is a colour website http://www.rabbits-online.co.uk/Rabbit_Colours_Info.htm

Last edited:
Back