• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for Baby, please

SAMMYD

Young Bun
Hello all,

If you could spare a moment to send positive vibes to Baby. She and her sister, Monkey, were spayed yesterday. Whilst Monkey is up and about, eating, pooing, weeing and being her usual inquisitive self, Baby is suffering.

She managed a tiny bit of water and 2 srigs of herbs yesterday. I left her listless at 2am then got up at 8.30 this morning and she was in the same position.

I've taken her to the vet who has given her AB's, pain relief and something to get her guts moving. Before we went to the vet, she did a monster wee (probs cos I picked her up). She still hasn't done any poo's or since wee'd.

Since we've been home, she has taken syringed water and some recovery liquad feed that the vet gave us.

She is still listless and snoozing. She is bunny burrito'd and I keep going to check on her. Monkey has eye groomed her a bit.

Fingers crossed that she perks up very soon

(thanks for letting me offload, non-rabbity peeps don't really care)

Yes they got a 24hr pain relief jab yesterday and I asked for extra metacam to bring home, when I took Baby again today she gave her another pain relief jab.

Thanks for the good wishes people, she is shakey, sleepy and doddery but will drink when I bring it to her and just ate a sprig of basil and fell asleep halfway through a coriander sprig...

The vet made no mention of a hernia. (is this something that would be obvious so I can check?)

Hopefully the vet checked, but it's worth mentioning. It's very unusual and when it happened to my girl she wouldn't eat.

Post - op buns need to be kept really warm - sorry if you knew that already...

Ok since yesterday Baby has eaten little bits that I've brought to her and she has shown interest in her hay.

This morning her ears are up again - yay but she is still stumbling around with half closed eyes, like a drunk at 2am.

I don't want to stress her out by taking her to the vet again as there has been some improvement, but am just concerned because her recovery is so much sower than her sisters :(

It's not unusual for one sister to recover faster than the other, but I would be quite concerned by the stumbling around. Perhaps you could phone the vet and ask their advice?

It's good she is eating. Is she pooing as well?

Do you have any critical care food that you could give her. I find that when my bun has a GA this helps to get him back on his feet. I tend to make it reasonably thin so it has the water content in too.

I hope she is feeling better soon.

She had some (1 syringe full over a period of time) liquid recovery food (from the vets) yesterday, when she was all floppy and listless and has eaten some herbs and hay (few strands of each) today. I just went to see if se'd take any now and she just snubbed me ...

I called the vet for advice about 12.30 bcause of her drinken movements and was awaiting a callback. Baby still seemed miserable so sat with her for a cuddle (was worried she wasn't warm enough anyway) after 20 mins or so, she started honking and wheezing so rushed to my vets. Vet was doing an emergency op on someone else so got sent I another vets where I am now. A scan has shown a hard mass in her abdomen so she is being sedated again for an X-ray then poss being reopened :(

I called the vet for advice about 12.30 bcause of her drinken movements and was awaiting a callback. Baby still seemed miserable so sat with her for a cuddle (was worried she wasn't warm enough anyway) after 20 mins or so, she started honking and wheezing so rushed to my vets. Vet was doing an emergency op on someone else so got sent I another vets where I am now. A scan has shown a hard mass in her abdomen so she is being sedated again for an X-ray then poss being reopened :(

Sorry to see this worrying update. :( Sending lots of vibes, and thinking of you. xx

Back