• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Some Advice...

What should i do about getting Whisky a friend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
Hi Everyone :wave:

I wanted to know what you would all do and your opinion please

1, Get my second rabbit from the RSPCA and let them help me to bond Whisky with her new friend. This would mean leaving her at the RSPCA for 3 days.

2, Get myself a little boy bunny from a breeder, get him neutered and bond him with Whisky myself

3, Leave Whisky on her own she seems happy enough and Im not sure she would need a rabbit friend

Last edited:
If you have space, option 1.

The 3 days away from home will give you time to give a good clean and neutralise any smells from Whiskey so that it's like a new place when they both get back.

:) Giving a lovely bunny a much needed home.

To be honest, I don't think it's something anyone can decide but you because you know your bunnies, your bonding skills, the places you have been to, the things you have talked about with the RSPCA etc.

You need to follow your gut instinct.

I would just say be careful going to somewhere not a rescue because that can be very problematical if you want one to bond with your own.

It sounds, so far, like your gut instinct is telling you to get her a friend, but you're not comfortable with her going to the RSPCA.

Definitely if you're ging to get another rabbit as a friend to your current one, a rescue centre would be the best option I would thing and get the rescue to bond them on neutral ground. :thumb:

Is it the leaving Whisky with them that is worrying you. I am a very OCD owner ( x-vic-x and becky86 know that) and I did expect it would be hard to leave Bee. I will admit I did miss him but I knew it was for his benefit and he was with Vicky Saturday till Thursday.

As others have said follow your gut. I cant thank the girls enough for the initial work they did with my bond which enabled me to continue the work at home ( i had no previous bonding experience so wasnt comfortable to try it out first time by myself) :)

I voted option 1, it will be easier and cheaper (because you wont have to buy a bonding pen) for you to let the rspca to do the bonding, and the bond is probably more likely to work if an experienced person does it.

If you want to look at other places, scroll down to hampshire on this page, there are quite a few: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

Bear in mind if you bond yourself you'll have to get a bonding pen and have them inside for a few days.

I wouldnt get a boy from a breeder, as if it doesnt work out (just like humans, not all rabbits will get along) then you will be left with 2 single bunnies, whereas most rescues will allow you to take the bun back and try another if it doesnt work out.

Didnt realise you were in gosport, I'll be moving back to pompey come the summer :wave:

Back