• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nail cutting bleeders

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Just took my foster girls for their myxo vaccs. Thought i would trim their nails before hand, and i gave Liesl a bleeder :(. Got her cleaned up and to the vet, she struggled at the vets, guess what, it started to bleed again :(. She got a nice red bandage which was kicked off in seconds :roll:. I am mortified as i am usually good at nails :oops: and i feel incredibly guilty :(.

Own up, who else has cut bleeders, it will make me feel a bit better :lol:

Have done it a couple of times, but the bleeding always stops when i put some dilute iodine on it (I always have this made up for cleaning Inca's lady bits)

I haven't but Jay has and we ended up at the emergency vet and paid £74.00. We paniced as this was the first time and well me and Jay panic and blood from a bunny!

We have cornflour just incase now.

I did it to my old boy crunchie, just dapped abit of corn flour on it and it soon stopped!

my mum did it to one of our labradors! WOW they bleed! looked like a masaca in the kitchen, me and mum were covered!

I've cut Eli once and Rambo once. Eli stopped bleeding really quickly and kept taking food off us, Rambo bled for absolutely ages and was really panicking - it was horrible.

I've done it twice to Truffle - shocking as she is the one with the see-through nails! she doesn't hold still though. Last time was awful bled loads and she wouldn't stop licking it :(

It's easily done - try not to beat yourself up too much x

Back