• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit bereavement advice needed please

scampi

New Kit
One of our rabbits was tragically killed last night after escaping from her hutch. She leaves behind her brother who is her mate and as well as being devastated about our loss we are very concerned about our remaining rabbit as they were completely devoted to one another.

I know it is recommended to put the body with the remaining rabbit but our poor little bun was very savagely attacked and her body has been dismembered - her head and one of her legs are nowhere to be found :(

Does anyone know whether it is still advisable in these circumstances to put the body in with our remaining rabbit? obviously there is also blood although the main body is still intact.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions or thoughts anyone has. Thanks

I am sure someone will be along soon with informed advice but I just wanted to say that I am so sorry that you have had such an awful experience. I hope brother bun comes through it okay. Best wishes from me.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this and lost your girl, and have joined us in these circumstances.

In those circumstances I don't beliee I would put the body in, no.

Do you know how she got out?

Back