• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's strange how little things can make a huge difference...

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
N&T have a 6 x 5 shed and along the 6 foot side they had 3 ikea tables, about 40cm high. On top of those we lay a shelf made from plywood which we covered with waterproof tablecloths or waterproof plastic thingies

Over the winter the legs of the tables have soaked up a bit of wet from stray wees and wet shoes, so I took them all out the day before yesterday and left them outside to have a good dry out.

The change in N&T is amazing.

Tapla has always been a very skitty girl. She's only ever had me as an owner but she was always the type to 'go low' at the slightest touch. Like our old cat did sometimes when she didn't want to be stroked, just kind of limboed? She never disliked it as such, just always seemed to have to be somewhere and doing something. She's a very active bun!

Well since the tables have come out she is so much calmer. She's still cheeky and naughty :)love:) but she's much more accepting of strokes. She even flopped out which I haven't seen her do for over a year. I was able to stroke her entire face, including sides of face etc. I've never been able to stroke there before. Tooth purring and everything.

Nena is also more content, but she loved a fuss anyway :roll:

I can only assume that the tables made them feel insecure in some way. Maybe insecure is the wrong word. Maybe they felt they had to be more alert all the time, not fully able to relax? I've always realised that higher places can cause stress and tension, as buns aren't able to see everything and therefore can't relax fully but I didn't really put 2 and 2 together. I was so concerned about giving them the maximum amount of space possible that I didn't consider the implications of adding in the extra 6 x 2 foot.

Looks like the tables are permanently removed!

Also makes it much easier for me, too. N&T have a habit of backing their bum up too far and going over the side of the litter tray, which would then go over the table legs and under them, as well as under the tray. It was tricky to clean up as I'd have to remove the shelf and table etc. Now, I just move the tray!

Will be putting up a big shelf along the back wall this weekend to store their bits in :D

. N&T have a habit of backing their bum up too far and going over the side of the litter tray, which would then go over the table legs and under them, as well as under the tray. It was tricky to clean up as I'd have to remove the shelf and table etc. :D

my bunnies do that! 'oh, mum, we like a clean dry tray and we don't mind a sticky wet floor!' well, i do! get in the tray, bunny bum!

Back