• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh my goodness, just had a right fright!!!

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
Was just topping up the bunnies litter tray and giving them their supper when a bloomin mouse ran up the side of the hutch and dived into the bale of hay on top!!

I nearly screamed the place down ........ ran and got hubby but it had well and truly hid by then!! I'd love to know how it even got in there, the buns are in aviary style housing OH has checked all round and there's no holes or anything, I wonder if its burrowed in from outside (the buns have a little garden area in the run).

Unfortunately its too dark now to do anything about it but I hate the thought of just leaving it in there with the bunnies.

There's no droppings or anything anywhere so I'm wondering if its a new visit, surely if it had been coming for a while I'd have seen some evidence!?!?

It was a really cute little thing but I'm well aware that if I leave it, we may soon have a whole family in there!! So, OH is off to purchase some mouse eradication items tomorrow!!

i only do humane traps today mum caught the mouse we've had he was sat in a storage box so she put a blanket over him and let him go outside :D

i hate the horrible killer traps :(

Hiya, thanks for your replies ....... Yes we're getting humane traps ......... he's such a cute little thing but I'm worried about him passing disease etc onto the buns ....... plus bringing his entire family and them all deciding to stay!!!

I'm also wondering if the buns are spooked by it. They had a fight on Saturday after being happily bonded for over 18 months .... and Dizzi has been acting a little bit tetchy since ..... I wonder if it could be their visitor that's making them edgy! (?sp? that doesn't look right)!!

What size mesh do you have Jo?

Mice can get through the most rediculous sized tiny holes, their little bodies can compress massively!

Its just the normal stuff like this: http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/187735 he is only tiny but not sure he's tiny enough to fit through mesh!?!?! (but then I don't know much about mice).

OH is getting some humane traps on his way home tonight, we'll take the pesky little thing to some fields about 2 miles away and let him loose ..... then disinfect everywhere!

Oh joy!

Back