• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Black eye number 2, thanks Matilda!

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
this is the second black eye from her in as many months!!

she is soo unpredictable whilst being held! (this is something I'm trying to improve) she used to be a very cuddley buns!, but then what with her having Grayson and being so ill, she didnt get picked up and cuddles for a good 6 months! So I think shes lost the trust in me!

So when she feels like it on her terms, I give her a cuddle, but sometimes, when shes had enough, she bucks her head back and cracks me on my eye socket/cheeck bone! with her skull!!

normally I can tell so put her down, but yesturday I wasn't fast enough! heloo bruised eye!!

I know some people say don't pick them up etc, but I really want to get that trust back between us, she is ALOT better than before, when you cudnt even pick her off the floor, hopefully persistance will pay off!

Sorry to say this, but I don't think picking her up is going to help her trust in you at all. If she doesn't like it then she's more likely to become more wary of contact with you. You'll probably have a much better bond with her if you stroke her on her own terms, at her level! :wave:

Back