• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

napoleon complex

Hi everyone,
I thought it might be interesting to get your opinions on Basil. He's a nethie so a relatively small rabbit as rabbits go. When he met my old ladybun Mabel for the first time (on neutral ground) he didn't try to hump her... he didn't try to sniff her and see what she was all about... he tried to attack her! Now keep in mind she is easily twice his size and hadn't so much as batted an eyelid at him.
My BasBas seems to have a Napoleon complex :lol: He just doesn't want to be anywhere near my bigger bunny. Mabel doesn't seem phased by him as she's a chilled old lady who is content to have a snooze and watch the world go by.
He also seems to prefer being on higher ground (sitting on his stool or a box, climbing up putting his paws on my chest when he's on my lap...)
Weird little bunny :lol:

Hi everyone,
I thought it might be interesting to get your opinions on Basil. He's a nethie so a relatively small rabbit as rabbits go. When he met my old ladybun Mabel for the first time (on neutral ground) he didn't try to hump her... he didn't try to sniff her and see what she was all about... he tried to attack her! Now keep in mind she is easily twice his size and hadn't so much as batted an eyelid at him.
My BasBas seems to have a Napoleon complex :lol: He just doesn't want to be anywhere near my bigger bunny. Mabel doesn't seem phased by him as she's a chilled old lady who is content to have a snooze and watch the world go by.
He also seems to prefer being on higher ground (sitting on his stool or a box, climbing up putting his paws on my chest when he's on my lap...)
Weird little bunny :lol:

Haha! Tell me about it. Nutmeg is having a grumpy day and picking on everyone bigger than her, including me! She also has some nethie in her. I think it's a bit of a nethie trait, to do everything at top speed.

Are Basil and Mabel both neutered? That has a big bearing on how well they will get on. When you say attack do you mean chasing, fur pulling, or them fighting and rolling round and round in circles? Chasing and fur pulling are as normal bonding behaviours as humping is so it's not unusual for that to occur.

Back