• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finding a Hus-Bun

okikokikate

Mama Doe
After falling in love with a RIN on here which I am unable to have :cry:, I am determined to find somebody to be a friend to my current girl.

I can get her 'done' in about a months time, and then after that I can start trying to look for someone to be a friend to her.

She has started coming over to both me and my bf for fusses, and I just know that she would love a companion.

She is only young - 5 months, and was homed alone at the rescue, but I'm sure she would like a fluffy friend.

Fingers crossed I fall in love with a fluffy boy soon :thumb:

Advice would be get your doe speyed andlet her recover from op, then contact your local rescue..or one on here if none local to you..and they will help you to choose a suitable bun for you and more importantly your girl :D
Well done for wanting a friend for her..even though you sound like wonderful owners I'm sure she would like somebun to talk rabbit with :D

After looking on here at other threads, it seems as though if you can have 2 rabbits then you should. It's only fair that I give her the best home that she can possibly have, and that includes getting her a friend. Just gotta wait now... *twiddles thumbs* :lol:

She's very lucky :) Like honeybunny has said, it's better to let her choose her friend because it offers a higher chance of success. If you choose a friend then there is a higher chance that it won't be the right bunny for her. A local rescue (wh spays/neuters and vaccinates) should be able to help her choose :)

Should I take her up to the rescue I got her from then, and then she can see if she likes anyone?

I know atm that all the rabbits are bonded pairs, so I would have to wait for a single male to come in.

I would call rescues within reach of you and see who they have available and what their rehoming process is and if/when you can bring your girlie down to date them.

Ensure any mle she meets is vaccinated and neutered (he will need to be neutered 6-8 weeks prior to meeting to fully know how he is going to react but you can sometims get a good idea before then if his hormones are not totally out of control).

She must know something good is gonna happen, she's running around and binkying like mad at the moment :love:

Good idea Sky-O. Rabbit dating :love: It'll be like ITVs Take me Out :lol:

Exciting stuff :thumb:

Back