• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brother bunnys?

There is absolutely no guarantees that they will stay getting on with each other, even if they are neutered ASAP. They can be neutered as soon as their bits drop and the vet deems them healthy enough to neuter (some vets wait for a certain age, others a certain weight).

If you want a pair of bunnies who have the highest chance of remaining together and being stable, your best bet is to get an already spayed/neutered pair from a rescue :)

I have got 2 males from the same litter.

They were due to be neutered at 4 months, but I had to wait until 5 months due to there 'bits' no being big enough. They do and always have got one fine. No problems at all.
Go for it

Good luck! :D

I have got 2 males from the same litter.

They were due to be neutered at 4 months, but I had to wait until 5 months due to there 'bits' no being big enough. They do and always have got one fine. No problems at all.
Go for it

Good luck! :D

If you do 'go for it' remember that whilst some can work, some also can need to be separated temporarily and need to be rebonded once the hormones have died down and some don't rebond at all. This means you have to be prepared to be able to house them separately and also, if they don't rebond, to get them a friend where appropriate.

I have 2 neutered brothers in with a group of 6 girls

they were neutered at 10 weeks, when they started fighting

it was heart breaking to see them separated from their sisters, mother and aunt, the first time the warren had been separated

I kept the boys close to each other in next door pens, so they could still see each other and interact.

once their hormones died down, I reintroduced them to the warren, and I think they were so grateful they were home again they settled in quite quickly

Thankyou for your replies. Well I'm going for it:thumb: I do have the room to seperate if needs be. Hope that wont happen of course. I've already picked out the 2 I want and I will collect them in just over a week when they are 8 weeks old. They are mini lops:love:

Best of luck, I have 2 brothers that have always been great together so fingers crossed yours is the same. :D

Back