• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Was in Lincoln pets at home and a white lion head was up for adoption. He has been badly neglected. Both ears had been bitten and ripped and he had infections in both eyes. I made the staff aware and they took him out back. The adoption sign did not mention his past. I wanted to take him to make him better and loved but my OH had a huge go at me and walked off leaving me. I could have made this ones life so much better. I know they are always going to pull on your heart strings but I feel so rubbish. I suppose he Will be put to sleep now. Im holding back the tears.

Maybe not, but if he is that is preferable to being left to suffer or passed on to someone who also fails to get him Vet care.

Oh I know Jane. There are so many in rescues that need help yet this little gem just wanted loving. Is it always this hard? Not being able to help

Yes, it's always this hard because we care so much. Unfortunately though we can't possibly take in every bun who pulls at our heart strings or we too would end up neglecting them through lack of time/funds. But it hurts not to be able to help. At least you made sure he will get some care instead of being ignored.

You could phone and ask how he is doing? I've done that before with a bun in the adoption part who was needing treatment. They got him all the treatment he needed, although it took weeks for him to get better.

I know what you mean, it is so sad walking away and leaving them when you know they desperatly want to be loved and cared for.
I would give them a call or pop in and ask if you can see him.

Back