• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what's the total square footage of your bunny's home?

catxx

Mama Doe
Just wondered who's got the biggest! If yours are free-ranging a house, have a guesstimate, or use the area they are confined to when you're not around.

Mine have 72 square foot (not including the rest of the garden, just their hutch and two runs).

(To work out square footage, times length by width, or use this: http://www.calculator.net/square-footage-calculator.html )

112 square foot and that's our limit in the current garden. My dad (the landlord) didn't tell me about any restrictions until we moved in, then he limited us to half the garden - which isn't much for us, the chickens and the rabbits. :(

my rabbit only has 21 square feet because the garden is so small and my mum wont let me make is housing any bigger :(

36sq ft accessible 24/7

Extra 28 sq ft accessible daytime only, making 64sq ft

Then an (approx) 300 sq ft garden to play in supervised for an hour or so daily :thumb:

Mine have 50sq ft for there playhouse and run , that's x2 cos I have 2 with 2 bonded pairs in each then I split the garden in half for them to bomb about 

Mine are inside at the minute and I have no idea how much room they have but it's free range of downstairs so quite a lot.
When they move outside in the spring they'll 102 square feet, which included their shed, runs and runaround style tunnels. Plus a very large garden to free-range in when supervised.

When I can finally have bunnies again it will be 68 sqft here plus access to the whole garden (300sqft ish) daily as soon as I can finish getting the hedge out.

The buns pen is 38sqft if you include the levels, they did have freerange of the whole room for a couple of months until recently, but Barney keeps jumping on my desk and bedside table and pushing everything off, and I have another flat below mine, so at the moment they are in the pen when I'm sleeping or not in, whilst I rearrange the room and up the bunnyproofing. They will soon be free-range 24/7 again so will have more, cant work it out accurately but its more than 70sqft of actual floor space.

oscars current set up is 63 sq feet, he has the whole space to himself 24/7 plus he gets run of the kitchen if the dogs in the living room.

The buns pen is 38sqft if you include the levels, they did have freerange of the whole room for a couple of months until recently, but Barney keeps jumping on my desk and bedside table and pushing everything off, and I have another flat below mine, so at the moment they are in the pen when I'm sleeping or not in, whilst I rearrange the room and up the bunnyproofing. They will soon be free-range 24/7 again so will have more, cant work it out accurately but its more than 70sqft of actual floor space.

Mischa did that, now I don't put anything on the bedside table :oops:

Back