• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who here has/had a first cross breed with Malacussion:

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
please could you say wat cross and how many thank you
this is to see wat damage crossing does, if any.
thanks for your time.

as i am being told by another jumping lady
that hare cross lops are fine and dont have any dental issues.
Sorry Emma and Raven but you are both wrong. I have been crossing rabbits in many years and they have never had any dental problems. Actually, a F1 mix will be more heathy and natural. Problems are often genetics, coming from pure bred animals. Dental proroblem is surtenly one of them.

who here has/had a first cross breed with malacussion?

I used to take rabbits from a breeder (mostly Frenchies) i have had crosses/first crosses with malacussion (the breeder would mix her breeds):( they were not Hares but i did have one who was a cross with a cashmere/french lop:shock: when i managed to cut off all the matted hair which was so bad that he could hardly walk:evil: i had a very large fluffy frenchie:D

I know nothing about genetics but this woman sounds annoying!! They've both got completely different physiques, surely that's bond to cause probs? :?

Didn't one of the other jumpers (think it might of been you Raven) ask the Swedish about it a while ago?

yes it was the Brown haired lady and she said that they pick the pointed faced rabbits and cull the flat faced one due to teeth problems :( :cry:

I was handed a 16wk old Nethi/cross over my fence that due to a malacussion he as had to have his front teeth removed only last week:(

yes it was the Brown haired lady and she said that they pick the pointed faced rabbits and cull the flat faced one due to teeth problems :( :cry:

:evil::evil::evil: That's HORRIFIC. Don't breed them then silly woman. Obviously doesn't work.

My Jasmine had malacussion and had to be pts aged 3. Poor little thing. We had her before anyone knew that concious clipping was bad, so we used to do her front teeth ourselves about once a fortnight they were that malaligned.

People who are actively breeding this trait should not be allowed to breed.

I would never ever cross a hare with anything NOW learnt from when i had the accidental litter and kept on my friend had his brother i ended up losing the nerves in my right arm granted i still have him and hes lovely (castrated) and his brother is lovely (uncastrated) but no way would i want to put hare with anything their to highly strung and sexed for that matter

Back