• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New house...Simba is chewing carpets at corners :(

Fayelou

Alpha Buck
Hello all :)

I loved from Salford Quays to Littleborough (a beautiful village near Rochdale) this weekend.

I was hoping that Simba would be able to have 24 hour access to the living room (a brilliant, large area for her to free range constantly) but she is being very naughty. She keeps chewing the carpets at the corners, with such force she has already pulled a few corners right up....not good, especially as I rent the house.

Has anyone any ideas on how to prevent this? It really would be good if I could stop it, as she would have such a large area to play in!

PLEASE HELP!!!

:wave: And congratulations on the move.. Littleborough is lovely. I often pass there on my way to Gordon Riggs in Todmorden. 3 of mine have been carpet chewers and while it slowed down as they got older it never completely stopped so I got rid of the carpets. Only safe solution for a chewer I think. :)

Can you put carpet tiles down in the corners? Simba would then be chewing replacable tiles and wouldn't damage the actual carpets.

My friend who rents a house put lino down all over the carpet in their front room. It looks really posh because it's wood effect lino, but looking at doing it myself it's quite pricey to do.

You could try spraying vinegar where she chews to see if that puts her off. It's a bit smelly but I used that tactic when Smoo was chewing the rubber insulator of the back door.

Mine used to chew the 2 corners she could get to in the bedroom so I blocked one corner off with my wash basket and the other corner was covered with a big pot money box she couldn't get to the other 2 corners luckily lol 

Back