• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looks Like FHB Has a New Book on the Way

I did read somewhere, I think conference biography type thing that there was a new book being written.

I think I could bear to spend £70 for something up to date :D:D:D

Thanks for the heads up Jane, I'll try to remember to ask her about it on Tuesday ... while she's squeezing Artie's bladder

Last edited:
I've just been reading the Amazon reviews for the Text Book of Rabbit Medicine, and someone reviewing it called Twigs, says, "I am a rabbit owner (of 10!) ..." :lol::lol::lol: ... reviewed in 2007. How much changes in 4.5 years ;)

Is it too early to write to Santa asking for the book for Christmas 2012 ? :lol:

ETA-Sent him am email :D

Last edited:
I've just been reading the Amazon reviews for the Text Book of Rabbit Medicine, and someone reviewing it called Twigs, says, "I am a rabbit owner (of 10!) ..." :lol::lol::lol: ... reviewed in 2007. How much changes in 4.5 years ;)

:oops::oops:ah well . . . there were the babies i guess (6 of them) and then the wildie babies we took this year (3 of them) and the two buns who I was meant to be looking after for someone else - except they never came back and dumped them on me . . and the nethies that my friend rescued but hadnt room for two of them . . .

. . but i am not sure where the rest snuk in:lol::lol:

I asked FHB about this book today but I rather stupidly had got it into my head that it was the 2nd edition of Text Book of Rabbit Medicine and I was adamant that that is what I'd seen :oops::oops: Anyhow the news is that she isn't now writing the second edition of said book as the publishers had been pushing hard for deadlines and with her health these last couple of years and other commitments the deadlines weren't realisic. Therefore, somebody else is writing the 2nd edition. :( So, this new book is the one I will be going for in the circumstances. Another tip for anyone going for the Text Book of Rabbit Medicine (first edition), see if you can get hold of one from the early print run as the newer ones are much poorer quality paper, printing etc..... only let me get a good copy before you all seek them out!

Last edited:
Is it too early to write to Santa asking for the book for Christmas 2012 ? :lol:

ETA-Sent him am email :D

I've just been looking this book up as I thought it was due out any time but it looks like we have a bit longer to save up for it :(:(
(six month delay)

Back