• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny envy

bubbles1068

Warren Scout
I wanted to know from all you fellow bunny lovers out there if your other half has the same passion for our long eared friends as we do.:love:
My husband has bunny envy and can sometimes make it quite hard for me to spend time with the buns. Also he seems to count every penny I spend on them and is making it difficult for me about getting a playhouse for them :evil:
He once asked me if I had to choose between him and the buns who would it be!!! I replied with simples...(under breath... bunnies:love:) you dear.
Do any of you have the same problem?

Yes but only because they have ruined OH's stuff in the past and Buster is a horrendous food ponce and is constantly tripping OH up because he thinks he has food :roll:

My husband is as bunny-mad as me! He takes them to all their vet appts, he picks up all their food and bedding etc, and he often comes back from town with surprise treats for them.

He was the one who brought our first bun home after ringing me at work to say he couldn't resist her anymore!

When I first got Fiver I was living with my current OH. Fiver quickly learnt that I was his Mammy and would always give treats, loves and toys. My OH, however, HATED him and he HATED her. She didn't like the fact that he was in the living room, that he didn't always poo in his litter tray, that he growled at her :lol: and followed me around like a dog.
My OH was severely jealous of the attention I gave him and would frequently go in a mood with me because of poor Fiver. I still have Fiver 4 and a half years on, so you can guess who I chose! :love:

:lol:

Thankfully no, my husband loves the buns as much as I do. He wasn't sure about getting another friend for Scarlet after Boo died but Ori has totally won him over.

vegan bunny that was inspirational ;) I would love him to love my buns but he dont have it in him...love that is...old :censored:

I don't do husbands so I can do what I like - it's great! I have 13 buns who I love more than any fella ever :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Me too.

Ive only just got my rabbit bailey, and my OH and i have already had some conversations(arguements) about him! lol OH supports whatever i do tho, but ive made it quite clear a rabbit isnt just a pet u dont pay attention to. And also he's a fisherman so he has spent the last 3 years filling my head with nonsense about fish so its his turn to spend many more years listening to my storys about gorgeous bailey.!!!!! I did also mention that men get this with babys aswell so we wont be havin n e till he chears up about the time i spend wit my bun!

My husband loves the bunnys as much as I do , he helps me clean em all out, he goes up to penistone to get my pellets, he always takes me to vets with em, and 2 weeks ago when my little house bunny passed away he actually sat an cried with me because he loved that little girl she actually lived in our bedroom had the run of it and sometimes used to jump on the bed and sleep at the bottom so all in all yeah I'd say he loves em as much as I do 

My OH doesnt really care that much for the buns atm but Im sure if I ever end up living with him he will be converted :lol:

He doesnt really understand the love we all have for our pets and just sees them as a bit of an expense really. but he thinks they're cute so its a start :thumb:

When we found our Kate dead in her hutch just before Christmas, my husband was just as devastated as I was. We held each other and cried together. He was the one who took her body to the vet's, and had to hand her over.

He really is just perfect. We've found our pets for life I think.

OH used to be VERY jealous of Buckley. Because he'd never had to share the attention before we got Buckley he felt a bit put out by the amount of time I spent with Buckley.
Eventually he got over it after much cutesying from Buckley who simply couldn't allow anyone to have any bad feelings towards him.
But yes, initially OH got very jealous.
But the simple fact is that if it were a choice between OH and Buckley I would choose Buckley. Buckley needs me to take care of him, he's a rabbit he can't understand the complexities of human life and shouldn't have to be the innocent victim of such a decision. OH can understand. And he doesn't need to be looked after (not that anyone else would believe it :lol:). Hopefully I won't have to make such a decision though!

With me, its more like a case of Pet Hate. My Oh has a real issue with animals and (perceived) uncleanliness. Its not just Lancelot, I have been told in no uncertain terms that NO other pets are ever going to be homed with us. Its just the way it is. I managed to sneak Grunty
( Thats "Mr Lancelot Grunty McBiter", to give him his full name) past her, using the kids as a shield, in a moment of weakness.
She tolerates him, as long as she see's him not, and regularly berates me for being a sad old man!!!.
Can't argue about the last bit though...

With me, its more like a case of Pet Hate. My Oh has a real issue with animals and (perceived) uncleanliness. Its not just Lancelot, I have been told in no uncertain terms that NO other pets are ever going to be homed with us. Its just the way it is. I managed to sneak Grunty
( Thats "Mr Lancelot Grunty McBiter", to give him his full name) past her, using the kids as a shield, in a moment of weakness.
She tolerates him, as long as she see's him not, and regularly berates me for being a sad old man!!!.

I'm sure that's why your kids love you though. :D

I think in every relationship there has to be compromise. If I had an OH that hated animals (I probably wouldn't be with him...) I would have outside pets. And if he complained then tough luck. :lol:

Oh no! That's an awful situation! I can't imagine not being able to have pets. When I moved in with my husband, (then boyfriend), he realised how sad I was without pets (I was brought up with many pets in the house, my husband hadn't, and didn't quite understand at that point) but for my 24th birthday I came home from work to a big bundle on the dining room table, covered, but not wrapped, in paper. It was making noises and when I took the cover off it was a litter of beautiful gerbils!

It must be so hard with an OH that doesn't understand.

Thankfully no, my husband loves the buns as much as I do. He wasn't sure about getting another friend for Scarlet after Boo died but Ori has totally won him over.

How could he ever resist the devilishly handsome ori? The hairdo wins ever time!

My oh had no pets and was totally house proud when i met him. My hammy moved in before me! Luckily he hasn't complained too much at me filling the house and garden with piggies, bunnies, hammys and currently a degu! He paid for the garden walling to he totally bunny proof, has allowed the construction of numerous burrows under the lawn, and has built some amazing hutches. He even knocked up run covers on his mams sewing machine :D
Although most of the daily jobs are done by me, he will muck in when asked.
Besides which, his passion for motorsport far outways my passion for animals, so he would lose hands down on the cost front :lol:

Back