• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch how to prevent chewing

Pandora7

Warren Scout
I have just had my new Ryedale hutch with the stand.

Leo has a thing for chewing wood he is not suppose to,any ideas what I could wrap round the legs of the stand to prevent him chewing??

I also would like to know. Hermione is destroying our hutch and shed :lol: She has a million things to chew in there but isn't interested in them :lol:

Such cute bunnies:love: My girl Rose has nearly eaten through a leg of her hutch, she has munched away at everything but the things she should.

You can buy metal corner strips from B&Q and Wickes (wickes cheaper but their strips are long so take a junior hacksaw with you). Drill a hole in each end and then just hammer it onto the corner using a nail :)
You can see what I mean on the support timber here
6runinside2.jpg

I also would like to know. Hermione is destroying our hutch and shed :lol: She has a million things to chew in there but isn't interested in them :lol:

I can sort out a metal pen and send it to you to put round the edges of the shed if that would help. Let me know. I can't remember the size of your shed, but it may do the trick :)

Back