• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please - fighting - after 18 months of bonded bliss!!!

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
Hi all

Well, I just don't know what's happened, Dizzi and Rascal have had a fight, they were proper latched on to one another and rolling round the run ...... I had to physically separate them!!

They're both, ok, no injuries (probably because I saw it start and managed to get out there quickly) but I just don't understand how after 18 months of bonded bliss they can just turn.

Weirdly enough I was cleaning the windowsill in the kitchen and looking out in the run thinking aawww look, they're being all giddy jumping around ..... next thing Dizzi (little girlie who is NOT the dominant bun) started trying to mount Rascal (boy bun) and all hell broke loose!!

I've noticed that when they've been giddy recently they run round each other then kinda go head to head, like they're both demanding grooming ....... could this be Dizzi deciding she now wants to be top bun instead of Rascal??

And if so, is there anything I can do??

They've since groomed each other and are now snoozing, but I'm meant to be going to the football later but am really worried about leaving them.

Any advice??

Thanks, Jo x

The fact you saw it is useful because it means you have a better idea of what happened.

What you need to look at is whether Dizzie mounted because of spring fever, OR, because she has sensed something wrong with Rascal.

I'd check them for injuries for the next couple of days because often they are identifiable once they have scabbed.

The fact you saw it is useful because it means you have a better idea of what happened.

What you need to look at is whether Dizzie mounted because of spring fever, OR, because she has sensed something wrong with Rascal.

I'd check them for injuries for the next couple of days because often they are identifiable once they have scabbed.

Thanks Sky, I did wonder about spring fever, I'll keep a close eye and keep checking them over the net few days.

Do you think the running round and then going head to head (they're kinda nose to nose both trying to get their head lower than the other - for grooming presumably - then run round again ..... its usually Rascal chasing Dizzi then she flips round and puts her head down) has anything to do with it?? They've been doing this for about a month now.

Thanks, Jo x

Back