• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wildie in my garden

Irishmeat

Young Bun
spotted a wildie in my garden today. it wasnt near my rabbit pens but maybe its my pet rabbits that attracted it to my garden. anyone here ever see a wildie becide their pet rabbits pen? i was delighted to see it.

I don't have outside pet rabbits but lots of wildies and wildie babies. They have the babies in the middle of the lawn, under the rose bushes or even in flower pots. The rabbits hop in the raised gardens to eat too.

because my buns have free range we are like For Knox - no bun can get out - so unfortunately no wildies can get in!!!

it was a nice surprize to get and i hope it stays around. probably a yearling male searching for new teritory. bunnytoes do u have baby wildies hopping around already?

We used to have wildies in the field behind us - then they built houses on there and we now have a noisy neighbour who likes hot tub parties instead. Much preferred the bunnies :lol::lol:

They have moved away but not that far as I have seen the odd one run over on the road :cry:

ETA - we have LOADS of wildies at my work though:wave:

I've seen quite a few around here over the past week :) one even stopped while we were in the field to periscope to keep an eye one us :lol:

My wildie bun Taffy awwww!

ebaySALESFEB10025.jpg

and with his girl xxxx

bunnypictures0012.jpg

it was a nice surprize to get and i hope it stays around. probably a yearling male searching for new teritory. bunnytoes do u have baby wildies hopping around already?

No not yet but I have been chasing one away from digging a hole in the middle of the front yard. They love to put them in the front which is wild open and too dangerous.

i saw a few scratches and small holes in my lawn so im thinking it could be the wildie i saw? anyone who has wildies in their lawn see these see little holes and scratches in the grass?

looked out the window today to see a wildie hopping around my garden becide my pet rabbits cages. it was there for a half hour chinning and exploring. i was delighted to see the rabbit again. and hope it becomes a regular occurance. i mite leave some carrot peel out for it tonight to encourage it to stick around . any one else have wildie visitors?

spotted a wildie in my garden today. it wasnt near my rabbit pens but maybe its my pet rabbits that attracted it to my garden. anyone here ever see a wildie becide their pet rabbits pen? i was delighted to see it.

You are so lucky. I would love to have a little garden of my own and watch wildie buns. They are such lovely little buns.

don't you worry about disease? i would leave wild ones in the wild.

I was thinking this, I'd be worried about myxo being passed on to my buns, or fleas or mites.

Also, I dont know much about wildies but for a rabbit that has always had a completely wild diet, likely with very little fruit/high sugar veg in it, carrot peelings probably arent the best thing to put out.

Wouldn't just be the health concerns it would bring that would concern me, but the behavioural issues.

If you have a bonded group and a wildie came close and started marking its territory as you have said it is, i'd worry about referred aggression.

That said, i love wildies and wish all rabbits could of been that way and not domesticated :(

i agree i too wish they were never domesticated . i am realy lucky with my rabbitrg they are the most layed back ever. never show aggression, even on introductions. even my wildie (pet) is in no way aggressive.
Wouldn't just be the health concerns it would bring that would concern me, but the behavioural issues.

If you have a bonded group and a wildie came close and started marking its territory as you have said it is, i'd worry about referred aggression.

That said, i love wildies and wish all rabbits could of been that way and not domesticated :(

Back