• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nutmeg chewed through my TV aerial!

threelittlepigs

Alpha Buck
As per title! She has chewed through the aerial that runs through the house. Unfortunately, it is not simply a question of replacing the aerial as it goes through a wall, so I think I may have to call an aerial installation man :cry:

You can just stick a new aerial plug on the end of the wire, I've done loads. Maplins, Wilkinsons, B&Q etc all sell them and some come with instructions.

Lucky it wasn't a power cable or you could have a seriously injured bun.

cable protectors. May be a good investment. Bunnys seem attrached to cables. I have lost extension leads and a set of GHD hair striaghteners [none plugged in] but ahhhh nightmare. Hope it isnt to costly for you:cry:

:wave: Thanks for the advice! All of the electric cables are well hidden, but the aerial goes through the dining room wall, along the side of the dining room and out of the back wall of the house. It is all tacked to the wall. To be honest, I didn't really enough know it was the aerial until she chewed through it!

I think the problem may be that she has chewed the coaxial at the point where it joins the cable that enters the house and there is now not enough cable left for it to join the splitter.

Last edited:
You can get some F-connectors and an F-join to extend the cable even if you've only got a few centimeters of cable left sticking out.

Back