• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I left the back door open...

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
... turned round and Grimlock was chasing the cat.
Well that's what the cat thought he was doing. Grim can hardly see and was tentatively making his way through the house. Holly cat was wiggling her bum at him, running towards him like a kitten and then running away. He was only chasing her by accident. :lol:

She's usually scared of the rabbits so it's more impressive for her than it is for Grim.

A fifteen year old cat who thinks she's being chased by a half blind rabbit as big as she is, who she's still scared of. :lol:

Awww that actually sounds so sweet. :) The only interaction any of my cats have had with the rabbits was my Griffy who thought it might be fun to play with one of Fiver's jingly ball toys. Bun had been in his safehouse munching some hay, kind of unsure about confronting kitty until his paw touched the ball and made it ring ... all of a sudden this plushie meteor comes streaking out after the cat grunting and snorting and poor Griffy almost had to be peeled off the ceiling afterwards. He never touched that toy (or even went near Fiver) again.
This didn't stop him from trying to give Pip a poke in her backside while she was out in the exercise pen once, (hey different bunny...what could happen?) but that was when she was my daughter's bunny and she came off at him fearing he was trying to attack her. Pip has a habit of pushing just enough of her tail out through the pen spaces to tease the cats with...I'm sure she does it on purpose. >_< No one was hurt in either instance but I just do my best to keep the different pets separate. I don't like tempting fate.

I didn't realize Grim was blind. :( How long has he been thus? Can he see in the 'dances with laundry' video you have posted? (Such a sweet clip, I watch it when I need a smile.)

Awww that actually sounds so sweet. :) The only interaction any of my cats have had with the rabbits was my Griffy who thought it might be fun to play with one of Fiver's jingly ball toys. Bun had been in his safehouse munching some hay, kind of unsure about confronting kitty until his paw touched the ball and made it ring ... all of a sudden this plushie meteor comes streaking out after the cat grunting and snorting and poor Griffy almost had to be peeled off the ceiling afterwards. He never touched that toy (or even went near Fiver) again.
This didn't stop him from trying to give Pip a poke in her backside while she was out in the exercise pen once, (hey different bunny...what could happen?) but that was when she was my daughter's bunny and she came off at him fearing he was trying to attack her. Pip has a habit of pushing just enough of her tail out through the pen spaces to tease the cats with...I'm sure she does it on purpose. >_< No one was hurt in either instance but I just do my best to keep the different pets separate. I don't like tempting fate.

I didn't realize Grim was blind. :( How long has he been thus? Can he see in the 'dances with laundry' video you have posted? (Such a sweet clip, I watch it when I need a smile.)

Silly cats. They should know not to mess with bunnies. :lol:

Grim's not completely blind, I know he can see a bit and my vet and I believe he has blurry vision, so he can see a little, mostly light and dark and some movement. He has trouble with stationary objects, but as long as everything stays in once place he can run around like a mad thing. He's not always been blind and I'm not sure what caused it, it could be many things. He's had an ulcer on his eye which caused scarring and an injury to the other one. He gets a lot of eye infections due to having elongated molar roots blocking his tear ducts and also has a long term, ongoing infection (probably pasteurella). His right eye is almost always runny and both eyes started to cloud over. The right eye is a lot worse and almost has a grey skin to it. It's very cute because Smoo mostly sits on his right side as if to be his eye on that side.

He can see in the laundry video and I love it because it just captures how he was before he got really ill. He's still happy now, he just takes life at a slower pace. :love:

Poor Grim. :( He sure is a handsome guy though. How sweet that Smoo watches for him. :)
Mimzy has had to slow down also, but he has early onset arthritis with a hip spur and he went deaf this last year from a reaction to abx. I think he could greatly benefit from being rebonded with his wifebun, Pip, but I fear she'll crush his back. :( She's very dominant and doesn't like for Fiver to be around him.

And I'm too scared to try Mimzy with Fiver. They 'seem' chummy, but two boys I think might fight worse.

In a perfect universe they'd all three buddy up, and then my two cats would be in serious trouble. ^_^

My childhood bunny Lollipop was enormous and much bigger than our wimpy little Siamese! She took great pleasure in regularly chasing him up the garden path with his tail between his legs crying like a baby! :lol: She wasn't aggressive or on guard, just used to enjoy running after him! :lol:

Grim sounds like such a lovely character :love:

Back