• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

those with rescues - how long do you take to respond?

reehsetin

Warren Scout
:? just wondering, it seems to take weeks to get responses, is that normal? I know many are a one (wo)man show and it must be tough so wanted to find out what the norm is

:? just wondering, it seems to take weeks to get responses, is that normal? I know many are a one (wo)man show and it must be tough so wanted to find out what the norm is

whenever I have tried to contact a rescue reply has been within a couple of days . . the exception is Caroline at the Rabbit residence in Royston who seems to have an endless series of mishaps with phones etc etc and is incredibly difficult to get hold of. I recommend putting an 'alert' on RU if that is who you are trying to contact - she does not come on but others who volunteer there do. I used to just go up there when they were open but not sure you can do that anymore . .

(this was a wild guess based on the fact you are in Hertfordshire and may be totally irrelevant:oops::oops:)

I know we are not a rescue, but we do get a lot of enquiries and for us it varies. If you happen to send on while I am going through emails I can respond straight away. If we have a lot of sick bunnies and I am worn out then it could take a couple of weeks. I do try to answer urgent emails wanting advice on sick bunnies as quickly as possible, but enquires about sponsorships/donations etc can take longer

I try and reply same day if I can, and at worst a few days. I don't get as many enquiries as many rescues do though I'm sure so that isn't going to be much of a yardstick.

the exception is Caroline at the Rabbit residence in Royston who seems to have an endless series of mishaps with phones etc etc

:lol::lol: Yes she really does, bless her. She also tends to batch up her emails and sit down one night a week and work through hundreds in one go, so I guess it really does vary from rescue to rescue depending on so many variables!

I hope you manage to get in contact with wherever you are hoping to :)

had emailed Caroline actually as bad as it sounds i wasn't expecting a response so not v annoyed

Others I'd called 3/4 times with no call backs after weeks which is really bugging me. I just don't get it, surely the longer they have buns the more it costs so there's an incentive to get back to people quickly re adoption

had emailed Caroline actually as bad as it sounds i wasn't expecting a response so not v annoyed

Others I'd called 3/4 times with no call backs after weeks which is really bugging me. I just don't get it, surely the longer they have buns the more it costs so there's an incentive to get back to people quickly re adoption

as well as Caroline - relatively local to you are Wood Green (the Heydon Small animals branch) and Wood Green (Godmanchester) I can give you the private e-mail of the small animals manager if you are not getting any luck through the main contact.

also the Blue Cross in Cambridge have bunnies - some very desperate for new homes - again I can help with contacts there

I'm not sure how our rescue do it, but I respond to any enquiries within the day. If you are within distance of us (based in Ipswich so probably too far) then you can contact me, if you like.

I check e mails at least once a day and try and reply straight away ...if it requires a long reply and im busy i will acknowledge the e mail then reply properly as soon as i can ...usualy the following day ..

phone messages are replied to same or next day .

as well as Caroline - relatively local to you are Wood Green (the Heydon Small animals branch) and Wood Green (Godmanchester) I can give you the private e-mail of the small animals manager if you are not getting any luck through the main contact.

also the Blue Cross in Cambridge have bunnies - some very desperate for new homes - again I can help with contacts there

Thanks that's a great offer but I've looked on the websites and can't see any that are really suitable (looking for a dwarf single doe for my buck Mj), i'll definitely keep checking

Back