• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neutered-bit worried

Soph1992

Warren Scout
Flo went in to the vets today to be Neutered. He's not back yet. When I was on the the phone to the vets she said about syringe feeding...painkillers etc after if he needs it. I'm so worried, didn't think it would be such a big thing but iv felt sick all morning and smoked alot i'm that worried about him. should I take the levels out his cage? put him in a smaller cage while he recovers? I feel a bit helpless! So worried if he won't eat after etc, any way i'm waiting for a call to see how it went etc. He went in at 8.30!!

I'm such a worrier. arh Don't really know what to do with myself at the moment!:(

Last edited:
Hiya. Do you mean neutered? If so, he may be a bit groggy when he gets home so would be wise to stop him jumping and climbing. I've had 3 of my buns castrated- 2 were absolutely fine and the 3rd was really sleepy and did need 2 syringe feeds before he started eating on his own.
When you collect him, find out if he has had painkillers and if he needs food or medicine via a syringe, make sure they show you exactly how to do it and that you are happy doing it. Don't hesitate to call the vets if you are not sure of anything.
Good luck - hope he will be fine. xx

Neutered :)

Yip, would be better to keep him in a smaller cage for recovery, then he can't hurt himself. It is good that the vet is talking about pain relief, means that they know what they are on about as some useless vets try to say that bunnies don't need it!

Just get some nice foods in to tempt him to eat, some of his favourite veg etc.

Quick healing vibes from me x

Look at can't even spell, it's been a long week!!! ops.

Ok thank you, I will let you know how he is afterward. Bless him, one step closer to be able to have hi buddy back. Ooooo just want him back now, who knew you could get so attached to a rabbit?!

Thanks guys x

Try not to worry too much. When I got Bunsk neutered, they kept him in overnight as he wasn't pooping, but the next day he was bright as a button! I hope you get to get him today!

Never even thought about them keeping him in over night!! arh no. I may leave it another hour and ring the vets to see how he is getting on, no harm in doing that. Just not nice when you don't know whats going on !!

Yip just phone them, I don't do waiting very well at all, I always phone before they tell me to, but I just can't help myself!

It just rang out !!! Will have to try again in a moment. I bet they get it all the time any way with us mad pet owners! :lol:

He's fine!!!:thumb: wobbly on his feet still, ringing me again at 5ish and hoping to pick him up at 6. Will be worth the worry from me and pain from him when he can eventually go back in with his sister! yey

Back