• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wet hay parcel

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
I recently ordered some goodies for my bunsters but the bag was damp inside :( the bags of herbs had condensation inside and the hay inside the toys felt damp. I dried everything out in the kitchen but I'm still a bit worried. Will they be OK to give to my buns?

I recently ordered some goodies for my bunsters but the bag was damp inside :( the bags of herbs had condensation inside and the hay inside the toys felt damp. I dried everything out in the kitchen but I'm still a bit worried. Will they be OK to give to my buns?

I'd personally send it back - damp hay can go mouldy very quickly....

I would contact the company and complain. The stuff might be OK, but I wouldn't be happy feeding it to my rabbit.

Haha, your rabbit wouldnt eat it even if it wasnt damp, little fuss pot!

True. :roll: So far today he has carefully picked his pro-fibre pellets out of a dish of psh herbal hay that arrived earlier in the week, and eaten half an applestick. The stick has an elbow in it and he finds this rather hard work in the morning.

True. :roll: So far today he has carefully picked his pro-fibre pellets out of a dish of psh herbal hay that arrived earlier in the week, and eaten half an applestick. The stick has an elbow in it and he finds this rather hard work in the morning.

awww fussy bunster :lol::lol:

Personally I would not feed it to my buns and I would complain to the comany.

Last edited:
definitely do not feed to buns in case it was damp before sent and toxic mould has resulted. Contact company and get replacement sent.

I contacted the company, who were great about it. seems there was a problem in transit. There was a high moisture content in some of their flower mix and it had caused condensation inside the parcel. It's all been sorted now :D

I contacted the company, who were great about it. seems there was a problem in transit. There was a high moisture content in some of their flower mix and it had caused condensation inside the parcel. It's all been sorted now :D

That's good. :thumb:

Good result. Always worth contacting a company and giving them the opportunity to put things right.

Back