• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More funny bunny noises

Vita

Mama Doe
Twice recently I have had to catch Ada. When she was hiding or moving away from me I think I heard squeaks from her. (A bit like the sort of short nasal squeak noise a person could make with their mouth closed.) They definitely weren't screams and they were lower and quieter than guinea pig squeaks. I only heard them twice on each day, when she was in corners or under a table.
The circumstance makes me assume they must be stress related, but I haven't read about anything like this before.

Freeda does the exact same thing when i pick her up, i thought it was to do with her partial blocked nasel passage. She stops as soon as she's on my lap.:D

:? Ada still sneezes occasionally, usually near dusty food but otherwise seems fine ... I hope her nose is alright.

Hi Vita,

Alice used to make these squeaks very occaisionally when she was frightened e.g. when I needed to put her in the basket to go to the vet. I'm sure they are a stressed bunny sound.

However as Alice is now the vet's number 1 customer, I haven't heard them for a while! :)

Nicki

Boris has done that a few times as well when he's been stressed out (usually when I picked him up etc.) even before his breathing problems began, so I wouldn't think it's anything to worry about unless she starts doing it more frequently :)

Interesting! You have just described the weird noise my new bunny Mojo does which i've never heard from Skittle. He does it just before i pick him up or stroke him so i assumed it was a nervy thing..glad to have it confirmed.

Back