• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange rabbit noise???? Anyone know what it is???

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
One of my buns, a dwarf lop called Bramble has recently started making a funny noise - she is well in herself and not poorly - but has started making a strange grumpy/snuffly noise especially when eating with other buns or if anyone is near her - she doesn't do it all the time. Any ideas??

grunts can be several things like a warning like dont you dare touch me or my food or a happy grunt of im enjoying this

My doe Sharik does this sound (somewhere between a grunt and a hiss) when she's annoyed with me, or doesn't want to be touched, typically if she's really into her food, or if she wants to sleep :)

Bella does this to Boris sometimes when he tries to steal her food :roll::lol: So it's probably just a warning, could be connected to excitement about food as well if she's very food oriented :)

Back