• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At Wits End About Theo Piddling!

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
Hello,
Theo had a problem that (I think) started after his operation, though it might have been right when his hormones kicked in which was the same time zone...
Its been at least 3 weeks since he was neutered and whenever I take him out to roam he can't help but wee a bit! Whether its because he is excited or nervous/frightened I haven't a clue. We got him when he was only a baby and he's never been keen on being held He scratches and kicks fiercely to get away, and it worries me that he will hurt himself when I'm holding him!

Both him dribbling here and there and full out peeing, as well as his lack of willingness makes it hard to try to build a bond with him... it makes me sad as he's such a sweet bun, just likes it his way. :( I'm not sure how to go about bonding him with my current two bunnies and I want to make them all happy.

Hi,

It was very late night here in the UK and most members here are from the UK. :)

It may be his hormones haven't completely dissipated yet. Or it may be usual marking, the kind you often get when moving a bunny into a new area. Can you put something waterproof down like a tarp for example, and then a pen on top? While he gets used to the area.

If he hasn't stopped the random peeing in a couple of weeks, I would want to take him to the best rabbit savvy vet possible to check something didn't go wrong during his neuter op to cause the problem.

Right now we've set out a few old towels to absorb any little driblets. We live in a small town in the country and rabbit-smart vets are far and few in between the towns around here. I'll watch him and see how things go I suppose, if things continue to get worse we may have to take him to a city farther away.
Thanks

Back