• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Arrival at TRC. Meet Mouse 10 Week Old Saved From Being PTS

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
I had a call last week from a vet practice in Feltham. They had taken on a very young bunny when it was taken in to be put to sleep. The little bunny (a girl), had been suffering from Floppy Rabbit Syndrome and was paralised. A very lovely vet nurse took her home and syringe fed her. After a couple of days she got the use of her hind legs back and another 24 hours on she got her front legs back.

She's now back like any other youngster but the vet nurse needed somewhere for her to go to get the home she deserves. So she's here. We loved her immediately and find her to be so incredibly delightful. Her temperament is amazing and is totally happy in human company.

Meeting her made me read up on Floppy Rabbit Syndrome and have found the whole experience to be very interesting.

She's beautiful so I thought I'd share a photo with you.

Meet Mouse (or Dora Mouse)

DaytwoatTRC21Feb2012009.jpg

Loads of photos taken already and loads more to come.............but for Facebookers more here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.334323403278060.75958.224203434290058&type=1

She is absolutely beautiful. So glad she's been saved.

Is Floppy Rabbit Syndrome something people need to know more about? It's amazing how quickly she recovered from being paralysed.

She is gorgeous. :love::love:

I've nursed one case of floppy rabbit syndrome, a bunny from Kirkby rescue. It is a very strange condition as the bunny wasn't acting poorly, but just couldn't move from the neck down. She could eat and drink as long as she could reach the food. Just like Mouse, the Kirkby bunny gradually regained the use of her body and made a complete recovery.

I wonder how common 'Floppy Rabbit' is? This is the only case that Celia has ever had in all the years she's been rescuing.

What a beautiful bunny you are Mouse!!!! :love::love::love:

And what a lucky bunny you are now.

Is floppy rabbit syndrome caused by some sort of potassium deficiency? I've heard of this before, but it was a long time ago.

Back