• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fearne update *dental advice please**UD23/2 09:40*

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
well fearne is back from her spay and while under GA they checked her teeth.
I was confident that she would be fine with teeth, but turns out she has had her molars rasped aswell and will need checking every 6weeks:(.

all in all shes eating and pooing :)

Last edited:
Glad she is home safely. :D

Are her teeth misaligned? Just wondering why she might need regular dentals. It might be that modifying her diet could reduce the frequency.

Glad she is home safely. :D

Are her teeth misaligned? Just wondering why she might need regular dentals. It might be that modifying her diet could reduce the frequency.

I dont really know shes 5 months old and already is on a constant hay diet with small hand of pellets she has apple twigs galore. i dont know what else i could change in her diet ?

:oops::oops::oops:

Could it be that she didnt have hay when she was younger? Or bad breeding?

Her diet sound great. :thumb: I would ask the vet to explain to you what is wrong with her teeth. There is no need to be embarrassed. I didn't take in anything I was told when I collected Spenser from his neuter, and had to ask all sorts of questions later. We pay enough for vet treatment to warrant asking a few questions. ;)

Her diet sound great. :thumb: I would ask the vet to explain to you what is wrong with her teeth. There is no need to be embarrassed. I didn't take in anything I was told when I collected Spenser from his neuter, and had to ask all sorts of questions later. We pay enough for vet treatment to warrant asking a few questions. ;)

thats the thing i asked her to print me off a sheet about what was done with the teeth and i still dont understand.
just says molars rasped?:?

she seems to have gone a little quieter and isnt eating :( although stilll pooping and weeing:?:?

How is she now?

She's had a fairly major operation, and it might be her pain relief has worn off and she needs a top up.

i have just gave her some more pain reliefe, shes still not eating :? i think shes nibbled some hay, but other than that shes truned her nose up at her pellets and grated carrot. :?

I am so sorry that she has dental problems at such a young age. I don't have experience with dental rabbits but sounds as though diet wise you are doing all you can.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/rasp

Im presuming they have filed her molars down? perhaps she is just feeling sore...I hope she is eating again by now.....has she drunk much?
Make sure her water is not tooo cold as her teeth might be sensitive in general ...so tepid water is better I think. I have no experience with dental issues...but didnt want to read and run.
Try and entice her with some fresh herbs, grass, dandelions etc perhaps....
do hope she is ok xxx

Well what a night we had!,
Fearne would not eat!, pooping and peeing fine and then she had the additional stress of zuma pulling the CC cube out on the cage then chasing her!!!

so she was then moved in to the carrier, where she started to nibble hay a little.

She has only now 9:34 decided to eat her greens!, Huge sigh of reliefe :thumb:

but now im wondering what to do with the quad:roll:

Some buns need frequent dentals, some need a one off dental, some once a year, it'll just be a case of monitoring her for now.

Hope she picks up and feels better after her spay soon :)

Back