• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cardboard boxes

Alicia

Mama Doe
I've got a felix cat food cardboard box, and I was wondering if I could fill it with hay for the bunnies? I only ask because it's got bright colours on it I wasn't sure if the dyes in it would harm the rabbits if they chewed the cardboard?

i'm not sure about the printed ones.. not sure i would chance it but you can usually peel the printed outer bit off if you wanted to leave just a plain brown box.

i use the plain ones and do exactly what you said, seal it up, cut out a couple of holes and fill with hay. my 3 love them and i put heat pads in there on a night at the moment as well. they do chew them but just tear and spit it out. you need to watch yours aren't digesting it if they chew it as it will cause problems.

mine sit on them as well as in them, a cheap toy that keeps them happy for ages!

Back