• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When you have to move house buns because of cleaning etc...

Vita

Mama Doe
Where do you put bunnies so that they don't lose their litter-trained habits (as no access to litter tray), chew things in non-bunny-proofed areas etc?

I have been putting Ada in her carrier, but seeing her looking up at me with pleading eyes, I wonder if there's a sensible alternative that would allow her to have more space.

I don't move them anywhere they 'help' me!! They love the hoover they like to sit in the hot air that blows out the back :lol: They also have a fascination with the head of the hoover and do everything in their power to get in the way. You also need eyes in the back of your head to catch them attempting to nibble the power cable :shock: They're not as keen on the carpet washer but they still happily plod around. I put all their toys, tunnels and houses up on the sofas and they love jumping up and exploring them in the new positions! I once had to leave a box on the sofa as they'd both gone to sleep in it before I'd finished. I wont spray any polish if they are nearby, so there is no logical order to polishing!

I move them and their litter tray into the other room, they use the litter tray no probs :)

I only move them when I have to mop the floor inside their room (which I do once or twice a month) and it's really for their own sake, they hate getting their feet wet :lol: There's a little hallway right outside their room where they run about and play in the meantime. Bella thinks it's great fun and is a nightmare to catch usually :roll: but Boris my grumpy old man likes it for about 5 minutes, and then begs to be let back in :lol: I move the litter tray out there with them and they're generally quite good at using it so that's not a problem at all :) As for chewing stuff...well Bella does, occasionally. She's into that kind of stuff :roll: But I try to distract her by hiding treats, toys etc. It works sometimes :)

I don't remove Julie. I clean around her and she helps. She actually loves to help by excitedly binking in the just cleaned areas and throwing the hay everywhere. She also nibbles me and crawls under my body tempting to make me pet her. She likes beating up the vac. I only mop quietly and fast when she is asleep. I use alcohol in the water so it dries fast also not streaky and disinfects..

Back