• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Savvy vet needed in and around Middlesbrough!

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Closest rabbit savvy vet I know is Sunderland and that's a bit too far for me to go.

All suggestions welcome.

Can you get to Harrogate? Its probably around an hour away from Middlesbrough. If so, Harcourt-Brown's are the best vet you could go to.

Thank you so much! I don't really want to be having to do a 2 hour round trip every time I got to the vets. I couldn't physically do it anyway, I work and volunteer and could only take him to the vets on an evening and there would be no way I'd be able to get him there on a morning if he needs another dental before work :(

Guisborough is probably the closest. Do you use Wilton Vets for your buns? If so, have they performed a dental/operation on your buns before?

Mr Whimster of Stokesley?

Is Whimster still practising? He was probably the best small animal vet in the north back in the mid to late 1970s when my parents were keeping guinea pigs in Middlesbrough. Whimster successfully carried out a caesarian on one of our sows. In those days surgery of that magnitude on small animals was virtually unheard of, but Belinda lived for a further 3 years after her surgery.

ETA that it seems the practice is still there:

Miller & Whimster
Tel: 01642 710234 - East End, Stokesley, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS9 5DP

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I don't really want to be having to do a 2 hour round trip every time I got to the vets. I couldn't physically do it anyway, I work and volunteer and could only take him to the vets on an evening and there would be no way I'd be able to get him there on a morning if he needs another dental before work :(

Guisborough is probably the closest. Do you use Wilton Vets for your buns? If so, have they performed a dental/operation on your buns before?

yes i do but only for neautering or spaying havent needed to go for a dental bun but im sure they do it :thumb:
i use clevedale in whitby for vaccinations and all the rest but didint trust them with neutering :lol:

Haha yes. I may use my vets for vaccinations and use this Wilton Vets for dentals and other things. I am liking the sound of this Wilton Vets, they seem pretty good tbh. I am still going to ring around EVERYWHERE and pick everyones brains haha. The vets in my area will hate me! :lol:

Haha yes. I may use my vets for vaccinations and use this Wilton Vets for dentals and other things. I am liking the sound of this Wilton Vets, they seem pretty good tbh. I am still going to ring around EVERYWHERE and pick everyones brains haha. The vets in my area will hate me! :lol:

:thumb: good good

Back