• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding businesses - amount of indoor vs outdoor buns

Sorry not a boarding business. But the places near me don't have any indoor boarding facilities, only outdoor hutches. Not that the outdoor hutches are an appropriate size near me but I wish there was somewhere close to me that did, but then again my eldest sister or a friend of mine could probably look after Boris as he's litter trained and doesn't chew, and can easily stay in her spare room.

Sorry not a boarding business. But the places near me don't have any indoor boarding facilities, only outdoor hutches. Not that the outdoor hutches are an appropriate size near me but I wish there was somewhere close to me that did, but then again my eldest sister or a friend of mine could probably look after Boris as he's litter trained and doesn't chew, and can easily stay in her spare room.

You need to move closer to me, I have big kennels/runs which are fenced off so theres extra outside space when I'm home and I'm seriously looking at building a room onto my house which would be for indoor boarding and only 1 customer at a time.

I did rabbit boarding for 3 years and I was inundated with indoor requests to the point where I just could not accommodate. Winter was the busiest obviously but I think to do it properly you need to have a big house and a dedicated room/rooms with proper areas (not hutches/cages) fenced off for them to be in.

I didn't have a big enough house and didn't like to see them confined to cages so only ever took one guest/s in at a time so they could have the full run of the conservatory.

I've got 4 indoor set ups (7x3x2 1/2 foot cabins in an insulated garden building with heat/light) and currently have 2 outdoor (in 8x3x3 cabins), although this will be 5 by the summer.

By having indoor, you can have boarding all year round - I have been much busier with indoor accommodation and it offers something that most other local providers don't.

I've got 4 indoor set ups (7x3x2 1/2 foot cabins in an insulated garden building with heat/light) and currently have 2 outdoor (in 8x3x3 cabins), although this will be 5 by the summer.

By having indoor, you can have boarding all year round - I have been much busier with indoor accommodation and it offers something that most other local providers don't.

That's interesting.

With regards to outside bunnies boarding, I'm guessing it's highest in holiday times? (like when the schools are out?) Do you get bookings at other times of the year too?

Back