• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attaching wire panels to a dog crate

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Are there any wire dog pens out there that fold down flat really easily so they can be stored shoved behind the crate when not in use, and then opened up and attached securely to the crate really quickly too? I know people use bulldog clips and string and things to attach crates to wire pens, but are there any out there that are just designed to be fitted together?

You can fasten a standard puppy pen to a dog crate fairly easily. Use puppy pen panels that come as separate panels which have a loop top and bottom of each side - they join together by dropping rods down the loops. If you push the loops through the bars of the crate, you can drop the rod down inside the crate to fasten it in easily to just the crate. The other panels can be joined together as normal. To dismantle, just take out the 2 rods in the crate and fold the panels up zig-zag style (or dismantle completely). Dog crates fold flat as well. The panels won't take up much room with a flat crate. The only thing is that you will be one rod short for using all the puppy pen panels as there are just enough to make an enclosed space (hexagon, rectangle, etc) and this uses one at each loose end.

I wouldn't trust my buns with string, clips or cable ties to fasten puppy pens together - I found out fairly quickly that they are bunny proof for a few minutes before they end up in a chewed heap on the floor. It's metal rods and padlocks all round here.

Thanks Shimmer! Sorry I didn't reply before, I only just checked back on this thread.

So basically, you should be able to attach any dog pen to any dog crate, so long as the pen is the 'drop-pin-to-secure' type?

Back