• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think some rabbits understand apologies?

Vita

Mama Doe
I get the feeling Ada does for some things, especially mistakes or accidental loud noises.

I think it's facial expressions, tone of voice and body language she picks up, possibly more than the words themselves.

Last edited:
Yes, I definitely believe some do. Like I believe some understand when they are having something nasty done to them that it is for their own good.

I think they have a far better range of emotions/understanding then a lot of people would believe. I think they understand sense of homour - hide and seek kind of thing, as they get playful.

I always felt that animals have a sort of 6th sence. They can acknowledge emotions and 'vibes'. Like when my mum is having a very bad day with her illness's my dog will come and lay by her and stuff. My mum told me her old cat would come and sit by her if she was feeling down about things too :D

I was just talking to someone about bunnies being perceptive yesterday. Fiver went in for a dental today and last night I was so so worried about him and upset that I might lose him the way I lost Ellie. He seemed to understand something was wrong and came over to me for hugs and snuggles. Normally he growls at me :lol: but he let me put him on my bed and snuggle up with him, giving him kisses and hugs and nose rubs. He was doing happy flops as well as if to tell me not to worry!
Fortunately he's ok after a slow recovery from the anaesthetic. He will be getting plenty of attention when he comes home!

Fiver definitely knows when I feel sad about something and comes over to comfort me, I think it depends on the bunny though. People orientated bunnies will be a lot more perceptive of human emotions even if we don't outwardly show we are upset/angry/happy etc.

Back