• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anybody take an Angora ASAP!?

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Hello, had a call from the woman who owns the rescue that I volunteer at asking about Angora bunnies, she doesn't know much about bunnies so calls me for rabbit related issues. Apparently a woman has an Angora rabbit, which she took out of a bad situation, but she can't take of her. She is an unspayed (probably unvaccinated), rather matted 7 month old. Apparently the woman who has her has cut her fur because it was so badly matted :( She had been kept on wood shavings so you can imagine the state she must have been in.

Only thing is the rescue really doesn't have the facilities or time for such a high maintenance bun. The buns she has currently are not really in adequate accommodation (small hutches) but there is nowhere else for them to go at present, this will hopefully be temporary. An Angora couldn't live in a hutch with shavings and hay/straw, the rescue owner is going to take her on Wednesday and get her a health check at the vets and put her in the shed for now but this cannot permanent! The rescue is already struggling to afford the other bunnies vet bills and neutering bills.

Can anybody help get her to a bunny rescue!? I drive and can help with bunny runs. The bun is in Hartlepool and I will be going to see her on Sunday if everything goes ok to take pics of her and assess her condition.

You could try Bunny Burrows, there's a link in my signature. They might be full, but I know Gwen has experience of long haired buns and may be able to help. They're in Richmond, North Yorkshire. Good luck xx

Try getting in touch with pawz for thought in Sunderland, they use fosterers to rescue bunnies and as far as I know they will take in any animal in need!

Thank you! I need someone who knows about Angoras or long haired buns since there may be a problem with matting but I can't say how bad as I haven't met the poor bun yet :( So Bunny Burrows might be best :thumb: Although I like the thought of her being fostered rather than being in a rescue (even a very good rescue).

Back