• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Spay question ... Please Help Me

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
Hi Everyone

I have a question for you… Whisky is now 6 months old and I have the money saved up for her to be done. She lives in a shed with runs attached and she has one ramp and level in the shed.

What I want to know is when is the right time to get her done as she has to be indoors for a couple off days before she can go back in to the shed. Also ive heard that she is not aloud to run up things and move around a lot when she’s first had the op.

She is due a jab at the end of March can this be done at the same time or is it best to leave it a couple off week between the two?

Can someone please help and advise as I won’t to book her in if I can and take some time off to be with her :)

Last edited:
Most Does can be spayed at 6 months of age

She will need to be relatively confined for at least 7 days after her spay and prevented from jumping on/off things

The vaccination will have to be done at another time, certainly not at the same time as a spay. I would want to leave 4 weeks between the two if possible.

Lola is being spayed on Friday, and she is a nightmare for jumping/running. I am keeping her in 4 panels of a puppy pen :) Room for her to move around but not enough room to get some speed up or jump around :)

Thank you i have a smallish dog creat to keep her in... so if she is having her jab at the end of March she can be booked in at the end of April for her op. she will have to live in my room then for a week, am i aloud to let her out of the dog creat or has she got to stay in it for a week then see how she is? x

Thank you i have a smallish dog creat to keep her in... so if she is having her jab at the end of March she can be booked in at the end of April for her op. she will have to live in my room then for a week, am i aloud to let her out of the dog creat or has she got to stay in it for a week then see how she is? x

As long as her recovery goes well she can have some supervised time out after 2-3 days of cage rest xx

Back