• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you play with your rabbit?

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
Hi random question i have lots ov toys and activities eg tunnels sand chew toys but i think they look bored i sit on floor with them and they play with string lol

but do u play with ur bunny? like cats?

I think bunnies are very different with regards to interest in toys etc. My little buck who's just over a year old can keep himself occupied with an empty toilet roll for over an hour, and even longer if I toss it to him or movie it so that he thinks he is getting attacked by it and fighting back. He also enjoys a good game of chase, and will sit somewhere in the room, back to me, causally looking over his shoulder before I start trying to catch him and he'll be binkying and doing the bunny-500 around the room. Other than that, any toy I throw to him gets some kind of attention, but for him it's just fun enough me sitting there, and he'll climb all over me :love:

My older doe is not really interested in toys and playing - she's only really in it for the petting and nose rubs, but will sit for hours on end, even on my lap - any attempt to play with her or chase her results in a hissing or a honking sound :roll:

mabel likes to chase things if you throw them :lol: like a football, she then gets to it and doesn't knwo what to do after so waits for you to throw it again

Not like a cat. We interact more than play as such. Mostly it's either, cuddling and stroking them on the floor or waiting until they are trying to cadge for treats and then accommodating them. Of course there is also the treatmobile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65GWmK2dj1s&list=UU12sMDj0MzrBtDQPdebgL8Q&index=1&feature=plcp

:D
gosh that rabbit is huge lol pablo wud b petrified ov that he hates the hoover and shakira will chase the hoover lol loves to b right in the way

Sprocket is a dwarf lop so not that big. :D Although he is quite chunky and has a thick coat. Widget is bigger than him, but she doesn't like to chase the car. :D

Simba jumps up on the sofa for strokes and cuddles.

She loves toilet roles and will chew on those for hours. She also has a teddy that she snuggles up to.

As she gives lovely kisses I often lie on the floor and let her kiss me, even if the longest kisses always seem to be on my eyes :lol::shock::lol:

I dont 'play' with my rabbits.

I sit in the room with them and let them run around me, scramble over me, etc. I basically let them be rabbits.

We play who can do the best binky. I'll dance around for a few seconds, then Buckley will buzz around my feet and binky, then I'll dance again, he'll binky.
And ninja bunny. Which is more Buckley playing with us. See Buckley is sat in one place. Look away for a second. Look back. He's on the other side of the room, staring at you like "muahahahaha"

But he doesn't show much interest in toys unless it's his carrot rattle thing, shake it and he'll binky. But shake it too much and he gets angry because he's having too much fun :lol:

I lay on the floor with Lola, she has decided she loves being stroked now, so she comes over, nudges my hand, or just puts her nose under my hand and sits there so I can't miss her hint!! so I give her strokes then I hide my hands behind my back and she walks round me looking for them, nudging, then as soon as I bring my hands back out she comes up to them and asks to be stroked again. Kind of a game I guess!

With Frankie she loves chasing a light football, she's got skills that one!! if she gets it stuck somewhere she gets her nose under it and will flip it up to set it off rolling again, a few times recently it's as if she has guided it back to us aswell!

Cookie?? she's not one for playing and will happily sit for hours and hours, she'd more than likely look at me if I was stupid if I tried anything with her :lol:

Aw thanks for telling me how they play I get worried I should be playing with them all time . I'm glad Shakira now has Pablo keep her company the main gain with them
Is snuggling lol and fighting for attention of me if I stroke one that's it the other gets pushed lol x

My Rosie doesn't seem to be a fan of all her toys :roll:
But my sisters old rabbit would play catch with one of those jingle balls you get for small animals. I would roll it towards him and he would through it back :lol:

I had a bunny Susie who played catch. She had a soft cat ball,if thrown to her she would all always throw it back. My Bun Buns liked to be chased. He would slapped your leg and run. If you didn't chase then he would run back slap again or untie your shoe and take off again. He also did the bunny 500 up and off the bed while we slept. He'd scratch you if you didn't take chase too. Chrissy had a bunch of toys that I never saw her really play with but if anyone touched them she would grunt and grab the toys and return them to her pile. They had to stay in a certain corner of her cage. She loved to climb on us if we laid on the floor.
Raul plays fetch. He is a budgie though. He plays with a wood apple that he stole from Julie when he first came here. He is in love with it. It had to be replaced several times though. If you throw it he runs after it and throws it and run to it and throws until he gets to to you then he gives it to you and runs off and waits. If you won't play then he is content to throw it run after it and kept throwing it.
Julie rolls her treat balls all around if there is food or no food in them. She dumps her many small toys from her sand bucket out and will throw them around and chew on them. She will dump them if I pick them up and we play like that. She loves her tunnel and cuddly toy that she grooms and also drags around by the ear. She plays by herself though. If we are in the room she expects to be petted or feed. She will jump over me if I lie on the floor a bunch of times then lie on me or push her body under my neck or arms for a cuddle/pet/groom.

mostly it's loving that my bun is after but when we do play he likes me to shake a lot and show my general appreciation for his prowess as he displays feats of daring lol which mostly involve a lot of running and jumping followed by nosey's as rewards

All hail the Rebunton! However Sprocket has learned that by backing it into a corner and sitting on it he can scarf the treat. The good news is, as Widget won't chase it she can't bully the treat from him.

None of my buns are particularly playful, they're only really into destroying things :roll: Bella occasionally plays chase with me though. She'll sneak up on me from behind, nip by bum and take off binkying, wanting me to chase her :lol: It's quite fun, she looks so crazy when she does it :lol:

None of my buns are particularly playful, they're only really into destroying things :roll: Bella occasionally plays chase with me though. She'll sneak up on me from behind, nip by bum and take off binkying, wanting me to chase her :lol: It's quite fun, she looks so crazy when she does it :lol:

haha my rabbit shakira likes to nip my bum aswel if im in the way i get nudged lol they also like to play i will run in to the room im not supposed to and make sure u cant catch me lol

Back