• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey has ripped her nail out...

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
I have been out today and OH text me saying Baileys nail had come off and there was blood everywhere.

When I got back, he wasn't joking! There is a pool of blood on the bottom of the bookcase, and blood prints from their to the door, and the door to her chair in the kitchen -- such a mess. He found her nail near the door and thinks she caught it on the metal runner which lies on the floor under the door.

She doesn't seem bothered - eating and running about like normal - will keep an eye on her though.

Her toe (is it a toe? :lol: ) is quite bloody still - not bleeding, but dried.

Should I clean it or leave her to do it?

And if so, what do I clean it with?

Oh goodness, I wouldn't know where to begin. :shock:I'd imagine keeping it clean would be pretty important so hope someone with experience comes along soon. Vibes for the little fluffster, even if she is seeming unperturbed.

I have been out today and OH text me saying Baileys nail had come off and there was blood everywhere.

When I got back, he wasn't joking! There is a pool of blood on the bottom of the bookcase, and blood prints from their to the door, and the door to her chair in the kitchen -- such a mess. He found her nail near the door and thinks she caught it on the metal runner which lies on the floor under the door.

She doesn't seem bothered - eating and running about like normal - will keep an eye on her though.

Her toe (is it a toe? :lol: ) is quite bloody still - not bleeding, but dried.

Should I clean it or leave her to do it?

And if so, what do I clean it with?

I would bath it in cooled boiled water. You do need to check that the toe has not been dislocated, this can happen if the nail is ripped off with some force.

How do I do that? :shock:

I popped in the vets, because I happened to be near there at their 1 hour opening time today when it happened. She didn't mention that, neither did she say I neccesarily needed to take her in. Should I?

She is hopping about fine, going mental about food etc just like normal. It's her front paw though so might not be as clear if she's walking odd?

Back