PDA

View Full Version : Plucking

Bugsy4ever
19-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Hi can anyone help with a problem with one of my Buns please,all of a sudden shes started to pluck the fur under her chin,so now she as a smallish bald area there,its not the same kind has she done in the past when nesting,she pulling it out down to the bare skin.hope you a help thanks.

BB Mommy
19-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi can anyone help with a problem with one of my Buns please,all of a sudden shes started to pluck the fur under her chin,so now she as a smallish bald area there,its not the same kind has she done in the past when nesting,she pulling it out down to the bare skin.hope you a help thanks.

The onbly things that jump to mind are nesting, which I guess you can rule out? and boredom....could it be either?

Sky-O
19-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Has she had her teeth checked?

Bugsy4ever
19-02-2012, 04:48 PM
She had a vets check over in july last year,would a tooth problem make her do this.

Sky-O
19-02-2012, 04:51 PM
July was a VERY long time ago. Yes, the pain of tooth problems could make her do that, as could pain somewhere else in her body.

I'm making the presuming she isn't vaccinated? Or at least, if she hasn't been seen by a vet since July, that her Myxo isn't covering her, so maybe that could be discussed with the vet at the same appointment (depending on what they find).

Bugsy4ever
19-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi thanks for the reply,we were told her boasters every 12 months,how long does the myxo last for,as they were both done before they went in to a boarding hotel in july?thank you for the info.

Sky-O
19-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Myxo is generally done every 6 months, and VHD annually.