• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my ratties have a new cage (opinions please) xxx

shell1805

Mama Doe
riley and george needed a serious cage upgrade as they had one that was the same size base as a freddy 2 but half the height :oops:

well i was telling my friend this the other day and she happened to mention that she had a freddy 2 cage in her loft and that i could have it :D

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................

1006.jpg

1005.jpg

riley:

1004.jpg

1002.jpg

george:

1003.jpg

do you think thay have enough stuff in there??? :oops:

xxx

riley and george needed a serious cage upgrade as they had one that was the same size base as a freddy 2 but half the height :oops:

well i was telling my friend this the other day and she happened to mention that she had a freddy 2 cage in her loft and that i could have it :D

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................

1006.jpg

1005.jpg

riley:

1004.jpg

1002.jpg

george:

1003.jpg

do you think thay have enough stuff in there??? :oops:

xxx

Thats lovely for them and there both gorgeous

Thats lovely for them and there both gorgeous

thank you, they are both such little dudes :) i've had to put in the time with them as they hadn't been handled but it's paid off and i adore them :love:

i love the freddy cage.... it's the door at the front, such good access :D xxx

Yeah that cage is a good one i have a group of 3 girls in one. They do come tame pretty quickly i'm having to spend time with 1 of my new girls jasmine she's very nervous but is slowly coming around. I've just got 1 of my boys brodie out for a cuddle and i can't believe how big he is he is massive compared to my girls :shock:

Yeah that cage is a good one i have a group of 3 girls in one. They do come tame pretty quickly i'm having to spend time with 1 of my new girls jasmine she's very nervous but is slowly coming around. I've just got 1 of my boys brodie out for a cuddle and i can't believe how big he is he is massive compared to my girls :shock:

;) boys are brutes, thats why i love them :love:

riley is a good handful bigger than george, i have always found 'roans' to be slender.... dunno why?? :lol:

Yeah i no :lol: i'm going to weigh him see how much he weighs i will try and get a pic of him now and will post it up along with 1 when he was 6 weeks old

;) boys are brutes, thats why i love them :love:

riley is a good handful bigger than george, i have always found 'roans' to be slender.... dunno why?? :lol:

Treasure's a roan, and a fair bit smaller than Honey. Honey also has some roan in her though. The cage looks lovely, well done! :D Honey and Treasure have the big rope thing, the plastic tunnel and the green hammock too, although your boys' are in a lot better condition!! :lol: :love:

Treasure's a roan, and a fair bit smaller than Honey. Honey also has some roan in her though. The cage looks lovely, well done! :D Honey and Treasure have the big rope thing, the plastic tunnel and the green hammock too, although your boys' are in a lot better condition!! :lol: :love:

:roll: wont be for long..... they are real nibblers :roll: i forgot this part of rattie ownership, the never ending destruction of toys :lol:

riley and george are getting podgy :oops: :lol:

Beautiful ratties and lovely home :love: My three girls are in a Freddy 2 - it's only been a week and already I'm looking at bigger cages :oops:

oooooooooooooooooo what kinda ratties you got?? :D :wave:

Norty ones :roll: (that's a breed right?):lol:

Two black berkshires (one top-ear, one dumbo) and an agouti hooded top-ear. Will do an intro thread in a bit :wave:

Re: the hammocks and bits, I've just bought some cheap fleece (was actually for the guinea pigs but still) and was thinking that considering the amount of damage maybe its cheaper to make them myself. I've seen people using those giant paperclips to hold them up but wonder if they would hold with three pingy girls trampling over them (or in your case two hefty boys) :?

Two black berkshires (one top-ear, one dumbo) and an agouti hooded top-ear. Will do an intro thread in a bit :wave:

Re: the hammocks and bits, I've just bought some cheap fleece (was actually for the guinea pigs but still) and was thinking that considering the amount of damage maybe its cheaper to make them myself. I've seen people using those giant paperclips to hold them up but wonder if they would hold with three pingy girls trampling over them (or in your case two hefty boys) :?

i make my hammocks out of flannels :wave: i use an eyellett maker and then use the clips from old bought hammocks ;)

look forward to seeing pics of your gorgeous girlies xxx

Yep they will hold mine do i have 5 huge boys in 1 cage and 5 girls in another cage and there flannel hammocks are hung by giant paper clips

Back