• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't you just hate it when...........u/d 34 23/2/12

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
..................a bunny just isn't themselves.

And you can't quite put your finger on what is the matter.

Been to the vets today and a little bunny staying with me has a dental problem. :(

No dribbling, no great external signs, just bunny not quite being his happy little self. Very subtle changes.

He's had some medication, got more to give him and then booked in for treatment tomorrow.

Auntie Di has her nurse's head on and is on duty!!!

For now he's asleep in the lounge and snuggled up to a snugglsafe, his soft toy, Mummy's slippers and is watching tv.

The stress of caring for my own bunnies is enough. Caring for someone else's feels even more stressful.

But I do love my job.!!!!:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
He is a lucky boy - not to have the dental trouble - but to be in the hands of a good nurse. :thumb:

I had that once with Pumpkin, a Bridge bun. I just knew something wasn't right and took him to the vet who looked at me as though I was paranoid, examined him and said he was fine. I knew he wasn't.

That night I had to have him put to sleep as he was dehydrated and had hypothermia. I had to take him to a different vet as it was after 6.00 pm. I still don't know what was actually wrong with him but if the first vet had listened to me and admitted him he may still be alive.

I changed vets after that. My current vet knows I know my buns. If I say something is wrong we go through the options and, if necessary, he keeps the bun in for observation. I asked for pain relief for a bun after something (can't remember what) and he said he hadn't felt it necessary but accepted I knew my bun and got the nurse to give an injection.

Sometimes my animals do just have an 'off' day and are back to normal the following day but I get a different vibe when that's the case.

I don't always pick up on it though and have had buns die suddenly and I have had no idea why:cry: I've been told it was probably genetic (both buns were siblings and the rest of the litter died suddenly too)

Good luck little bunny. I am sure you will be fine with Auntie Di nursing you. Lots and lots of vibes for a speedy recovery back to normal bunniness.

This little bunny is having to be syringe fed.:(

He could do with some vibes if anyone can spare some.

Tomorrow is his dental op.:(:(

Off to the vets.:(

Willy Fred's dental today.

Fingers, toes and paws crossed for the adorable little fella.

2012_0127Jan20120003.jpg

:love::love::love:

Willy Fred can come home today!!!
Yaaaaay.:D

I'm going to fetch him at 4pm.

Bless him he must have been in some pain.

Back molars had spurs in them so have been burred down. The spurs had been cutting into his tongue and cheek.:(

Oh well...........he's recovered well and will be home soon.:thumb::D:D

Busy getting his accommodation ready for him.

1. Lovely fresh hay in his litter tray.
2. Fresh water in his bowl.
3. Just a few pellets for him.................just in case he feels like feeding himself.
4. Cuddly toy ready to be snuggled to.
5. Snugglesafe just needs to be heated and carefully wrapped up and put into his bed.
6. A couple of toys to play with just in case he feels the need.
7. Medication and syringes at the ready.
8. A lovely big fleecy blanket to lie on.
9. And last but not least.............................a big welcome home cuddle fro Auntie Di.

I think that's it....for now anyway.

:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Back