• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur Feeding Advice

Lady_Bird

New Kit
Hi All,

I have recently purchased the Panacur Rabbit Worming Syringe from my recent Vet visit and it requires the syringe to be given orally over a period of 9 days! However, after the first attempt my rabbit is now not having any of it. For the past few days now i have put the paste on his favourite treat and food, to which he eats it all very happily. I was just wondering if this method was ok and still effective, i just felt bad as he hates his mouth being looked at and opened, in which visibly causes him stress!

Thanks for your time

I haven't tried this myself but I'm pretty sure that putting it on food is absolutely fine. I've seen lots of people on here do it with various drugs so I'm sure that will be the same for Panacur.

PS Welcome to the forum :D We need pics of your bunny(ies) please :lol:

Panacur is a tough one to get into buns, in my experience!

Also, the syringe tends to fire too much out at once :oops:

I would say spread it on some banana or basil leaves.

My little girl had worms and I must say that this worked wonders (within 24 hours).

Good luck xxx

I use the suspension not the paste so I think it is easier to squirt the liquid in to the side of the mouth. I have seen however posts from people who say they use treats etc to mask the paste and can see no reason why it would affect the effectiveness of the treatment, you are also avoiding the stress of trying to get the paste in his mouth.

I am sure this is fine but I'm also sure someone with a lot more experience of panacur paste will be along shortly!

Good luck!

Beat me to it!

Whilst I was writing a response other more experienced panacur paste people came along before me!!! :lol:

Thought it would be OK xx

It's fine, as long as you get it into them. I hold them still on a mat and then slip the syringe in the side of their mouth, it's the best way to deliver most medicines

I used to cut out the middle of a grape and put the paste inside the grape....however they soon cottoned on to the fact that the grape didn't taste right :lol:

Thankyou!

Hi,

Sorry for replying so late! But i took into consideration all your responses! :D

Thank you all ever so much for taking the time to reply and i managed to get all the treatment into him successfully! He's due for it again in a few weeks time, 6 months go so quick! But thanks again :)

Sophie

Back