• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help new bunny

misty&dexter

New Kit
Hi all
I already have 2 bunnies misty a female lop and velvet a male Rex both have been neutered. But the problem is I have just taken on a new bunny that is not neutered and he is stinking out my bedroom all the time no matter how much I clean out his tray. Is there anything I can do.
Thanks
Leah

That is my plan but I need to fatten him up first as I rescue him fro
The vets. He was dumped in the backspace near the vets and by chance I was at the vets with my other male rabbit the have a cold and they asked if I had room for one more I could resist as he is so cute and for friendly. So I need to get him up too 4.8kg as he is only 3.7kg. As soon ad he is at his right weight they have agreed to neutered him. Is this why he is so smelly. Ta

Yup, he is marking his scent all around because he can smell your other too and he will also be feeling pretty insecure.

Hopefully once he has a decent diet it won't be too hard to get his weight up :)

Until then, good luck! (and cleaning his scent glands might help but probably not much).

Thanks for all the help. I did think it was because he was not neutered, but didn't think of the insecurities of the other bunnies.
He gets feed a egg cup of pellets 3 times a day just because he is underweight unlimited access to hay and fresh veggies every second night. Is there any thing else I should be doing.
Ta

Don't clean so rigorously, as he will keep spraying. Whilst waiting to have mine neutered, when I scrubbed every inch of the room they sprayed even more! When I cleaned half heartedly there was not so much. Leaving a bit of their scent seemed to help keep it to a minimum.

You could put puppy mats down they help a bit.

Back