• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues or bonders - Urgent plea again!

Lillian

Warren Veteran
Yes I've made this plea so many times in the last 18 months, that it's becoming a damn catch phase..

But I am begging, please, please, please can someone help me? I NEED my single and paired rabbits bonded into groups. I've needed this done for nearly two years now, I cannot demolish the rotting accommodation until it's done and with my mum being really ill my work load has doubled, making finding the time for so many individual rabbits very hard.

So I am begging on my knees, I will give you money, I'll do anything. Please help! I am in Surrey but if people can help with transport the rabbits can travel.

I can't help at the moment but my plan in the not too distant future is to get some larger hutches specifically for bonding. If I do manage to pull all that together then I don't mind trying? but no guarantees it would work.

I'm sorry to ask, because I'm sure you've already covered it, but why is it you are not going to do it yourself?

I can't help at the moment but my plan in the not too distant future is to get some larger hutches specifically for bonding. If I do manage to pull all that together then I don't mind trying? but no guarantees it would work.

I'm sorry to ask, because I'm sure you've already covered it, but why is it you are not going to do it yourself?

Two reasons

1.) I have nowhere to bond, I can't bond them indoors and I can't leave them alone outside all night long.
2.) I pretty much have a full blown panic attack if the buns even look at each other, I can't handle the stress at all.

Cool. If I get to a place where I can help then I'll contact you, but I don't know when that will be or if it can happen but I'd like to help if I can. Don't rely on me though, if someone else comes up and is able to, then go with them (if you're comfortable with them obviously) :)

Perhaps contact Helen (The Duchess) she doesn't have an awful lot of time for bonding so gives preference to rescue buns but she may have some time eventually :thumb:

How many buns altogether?
I might be able to do it for you but it would have to be at Easter when I'm not travelling into uni. I'll have loads of revision to do so plenty of time to watch them. I might need something like a puppy pen to divide my room into as many groups as you have now to get them used to each other. It's possible if you could get them here.

How many bonds need doing? Into one big group?

There is five single rabbits and two pairs of rabbits, and I need as many together as possible, so I can knock down the old sheds. I can't travel, my dad is the only one who can drive but he's disabled so we can't get much further than Surrey :(

I thought this was all arranged ages ago with Tracy in Rugby?

Yes, twice, and had to be cancelled twice. It has also been arranged with a couple of other RU members but fell through.

Which is why I am beyond desperate for help now.

So nine altogether? I guess my 3ft dog crate won't be big enough then. :lol:
My only issue would be accommodation for the ones that need to be separated. I think it could be possible though. Pen off half my room, they'd all have to go in together though, without time to introduce. Any that need to come out could go in the dog crate, the rest of the room and carry cases. :?

I've never done a huge bond before. All my pair bondings have been successful but my last threesome didn't go too well with my sister's buns. One got too stressed with the situation and it ended with an accident that needed the vet. What would happen with a huge bond? I couldn't leave the rest of them to take one to the vet and have no way to separate them all. :?

Just trying to think realistically here. Maybe it would be best to get some of the singles into a group first? That way you don't have to worry about pairs falling out either.

With upcoming court dates etc. I couldn't afford to bond them unless food etc was paid for but, my dad is in Woking and comes up almost every weekend.

Atm, things are hectic but I could do it around June/July time when Uni is over and the house is decorated. I have the space indoors so would have to be done inside but if no one else can help, the offer is there. I will be probably be working, but it'll be part time, in the evenings and the OH will be home then.

I have the space indoors so they could be seperated and I could do more than 1 group. I've done a large group before and lots of pairs (the large group did fall out but this was over a year later and most likely due to some girls not being spayed... even then, only 2 buns had to be removed out of 7)

Let me know how you get on :D xxx

Back